Can anyone help?? previously posted-winnie the pooh bowl and spoon from grolier

Options
Aplogies for posting here, but couldnt find the original post.

There was an offer from Grolier a while back for a winnie the pooh bowl and spoon, recived a package yesterday and along with it is 2 books (winnie the pooh and dumbo) and an invoice for £3.50 as an introductory offer, i was under the impression it was for a feww bowl and spoon, tried to contact them but no answer, can anyone help????

When searching for the OP I found someone commenting they had a few problems with grolier, can anyone help please??

Thank you

Comments

• pcyam
    pcyam Posts: 651 Forumite
    Options
    thank you,

does anyone know what there customer service is like?? I dont want to return the item which isnt free and for them to say 'we havent recived the item, you still owe £3.50'
  • lm07
    lm07 Posts: 370 Forumite
    Options
    Customer service is good, the problem is actually getting through to them. I had to ring quite a few times last week (using the landline naturally which you can find on the say no to 0870 website - another thanks to martin :money: for that). They sent me labels to post back for free the trial books. I confirmed the titles with them, you need to take it to the post office to get it stamped for proof of posting.
    The only conflicting information I was told was about what to do afterwards.
    One from customer services said to call them again in a week to confirm they had received it (it goes by 2nd class). Another said to only contact them if after approx a month I am still recieving invoices/reminders to pay.
    Good Luck! :cool:
  • pcyam
    Options
    Thanks

the only thing is I dont want it to go against me, I had a run in with empire where I returned items and they never credited my account and because of this my rating has gone down hill, and they havent done anything to correct my file (when they promised too, and this is going back a few months now )

I will contact them on Monday with the number on 0870.
  • adea
    adea Posts: 448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    If you contact customer services [EMAIL="customerservice@grolier.co.uk"]customerservice@grolier.co.uk[/EMAIL], you should be able to email a request for a returns label. (remember to quote your series account number)
    This is what I do when I don't wish to keep books.
    That way you don't have to spend money on an expensive phonecall.

HTH

for quality control
  • pcyam
    Options
    Awww, rang them on the number on 0870 website at work today, and the girl was really nice shes going to send me a label and to just return one of the books (dumbo) and account will be recredit and she even put a note on teh account to send me to confirm account has been closed once they receive the book back. :beer:
  • xtina87
    Options
    Ive done the same, i emailed them and they are sending a free post label.
    What book it the free one? or should i just send them both back to be sure?
    Ill be putting a note in also for them to cancel my account :)
  • pcyam
    Options
    the winnie the pooh is the free one.
  • pcyam
    Options
    got my labels today, it says please return all unwanted items and ensure that payments are NOT enclosed. Enclose the invoice or your name and address for identification.

BUT

1) I dont owe them anything and
    2) enclose the invoice in the box or in the separate envelope which they have provided??

Thanks in advanced
  • fergie19cameron
    Options
    best staying clear of this company unless you want the books etc until your kids are 30!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure