Easyjet ID

Options
Can anybody tell me exactly what ID is needed to travel between Scotland and N.Ireland on Easyjet? My passport has just gone out of date, and I have read somewhere that it can still be used on domestic flights, but I can't find this info anywhere on the Easyjet site. :confused:

Comments

• BenL
    BenL Posts: 3,189 Forumite
    Options
    Question
    What travel documents do I need to take with me?

Answer
    Passengers are required to provide photographic ID at check-in on all flights including domestic services.

On easyjet.com, I went to "contact us" from the left menu then typed "ID" into the search box.

3rd topic down.

Ben
    I beep for Robins - Beep Beep
    & Choo Choo for trains!!
  • cslogg
    cslogg Posts: 341 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry to jump on your post but what is considered as suitable photographic ID.
    I have/will be travelling between England and Scotland and have always taken my passport but is there an alternative?
    Bus pass/library ticket/Blockbusters card?
    I know the above are a bit flippant but you can see what I am getting at.

cslogg
  • jockettuk
    jockettuk Posts: 5,809 Forumite
    Options
    cslogg wrote:
    Sorry to jump on your post but what is considered as suitable photographic ID.
    I have/will be travelling between England and Scotland and have always taken my passport but is there an alternative?
    Bus pass/library ticket/Blockbusters card?
    I know the above are a bit flippant but you can see what I am getting at.

cslogg

new driving licence has photo on it... my boyfriend has his photo on his company pass.. mostly anything that has your photo and name on it to prove you are who you say you are.. take them all and if asked give the whole lot over lol
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
    Are thinking of you today.
  • alanrowell
    alanrowell Posts: 5,365 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Generally it's officially issued ID such as passport / driving licence / armed forced card but not blockbuster cards, library cards or anything issued by your employer (unless you are in the armed forces).

The Easyjet website doesn't actually say what is acceptable so probably the best thing for the OP to do is either contact Easyjet or get a new passport or driving licence with photo on.
  • kingarhu
    kingarhu Posts: 133 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I finally gave up and phoned the help line. After 4 minutes of recorded information (and a previous attempt that was cut off after 2 minutes!) I have had it officially confirmed that it IS OK to use a passport that is out of date for up to two years after the expiry date.
    Hope this saves somebody else a few pennies in phone calls. :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport