🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Urgent : Animal Rescue 22 Cats 3 Dogs

Options
SOUTH YORKSHIRE AREA
A lady has died on our estate. She had left 22 cats and 3 dogs. Her family have refused to find homes or to care for them. They are ALL GOING TO BE PUT DOWN 1PM FRIDAY 26TH OCTOBER 2007.
Please, please don't let these animals die.
Our neighbour, myslef and my partner are trying to find homes for these animals before it is too late.#
If you know of anyone or anywhere these animals can go, even if it is temperory.
THIS IS IN THE SOUTH YORKSHIRE AREA.
MALTBY IN THE BOROUGH OF ROTHERHAM. PLEASE DON'T LET THEM DIE. EVEN IF WE SAVE ONE.
My e-mail address is [EMAIL="Sarahgoben@yahoo.co.uk"]Sarahgoben@yahoo.co.uk[/EMAIL] let me know how you can help. Thank-you Sarah

Comments

• jimsmum
    jimsmum Posts: 4,044 Forumite
    Options
    today is the 25th !
    I heart The Capital ;)
  • faerie_girl
    Options
    this is happening on the 26th sorry

Unfortunely the family of the decest has let most of the cats out. So they will be alone and frightened tonight especially with all the fire works going off round here.

Hopefully we have someone from london who can pick some up.

I just find it incrediable that this family can do this without even trying to rehome them. Our neighbour who is into AR found this out this morning by chance.

Maybe someone of them being let out will give them a chance... if even a few days to get them rehomed
  • VEE_2
    VEE_2 Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Sarah,

What about The Dogs Trust or other animal charities, don't they have a policy of not putting healthy animal down?

Who is putting the animals down? Where are they now?

Do you need help in getting in touch with some charities?

Let me know if I can be of some help.

Cheers

Vee
  • faerie_girl
    Options
    Hi sorry for taking so long to reply.

The RSPCA is putting down the animals. My neighbour and her friend have been calling round all the local animal shelters but they are all full.
    I have found someone who lives in London who is coming to get six. He will be able to look after them until they find a perminent home.

I just find it incredible that the RSPCA will put all these animals down for FREE because they ladies family cannot afford to do it thereselves. My neighbour has told me that the lady had learning difficulties and couldnt even look afer herself properly. How could her family know that she had so many animals and not put a stop to it before it got out of hand.?

At least we have 6 rescued. My neighbour is still ringing round places and people for help. Its just such as shame so many animals will be put down just cos its the easy thing to do. I know the family may be greaving for their daughter but they have a moral responsibility for these animals.
    My neighbour only found out about this today and called to tell me about and to see what we can do. If we would have known even a couple of days ago I don't think any of the animals would be put down.
  • firesidemaid
    firesidemaid Posts: 2,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    i have just copied this over to the pets board also, to give it more exposure.

hope you get some more help soon x
  • faerie_girl
    Options
    thank-you I forgot to do that.... my head has been in 20 places today.
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    Can you call the local press? Hopefully if you can get it on the regional news tomorrow it will give you more time? There should still be someone there even at this time of night.

I can call around Nottingham centres tomorrow if that helps?

I could wring the necks of people that would let this happen.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • dmg24
    Options
    sazzacat wrote: »
    i have just copied this over to the pets board also, to give it more exposure.

hope you get some more help soon x

I've posted it over there too! The more the merrier ... x
    Gone ... or have I?
  • dmg24
    Options
    Do you think if we could get some money together, or at least some food donations, the RSPCA would keep them for longer? Do you have a name to contact at the centre?
    Gone ... or have I?
  • KiKi
    KiKi Posts: 5,377 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you call the Blue Cross, they will collect them. They won't put any animals down.
    ' <-- See that? It's called an apostrophe. It does not mean "hey, look out, here comes an S".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport