HOmecall.

Options
mcclim
mcclim Posts: 280 Forumite
Everyday for the past week I have receieved a call from homecall, when I tell them I am not interested and would they stop phoning me, they hangup, is there anything I can do to stop this ?

Thanks,
Neil

Comments

• jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Register your phone number with the Telephone Preference Service. This should stop cold calling.

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/
  • declanmcc
    declanmcc Posts: 412 Forumite
    Options
    I also receive a call last week from them. How do they get your name and phone number? I told the lady I wasn't interested but she continued to talk so I hung up!
  • blinker
    blinker Posts: 96 Forumite
    Options
    Go to www.contactnumbers.com & get y/self an 0871 number @ 10p per minute with a 2.4p p/m cashback & tell the company 'homecall' or whoever calling you that you are really interested in their crap product - keep em talking for 180minutes x 3 times & earn yourself £13.00 :T

Do this several times a month & you can enjoy a weekend break in lovely Dorset or Tenerife or Eilat or...............................
  • Aiadi
    Aiadi Posts: 1,840 Forumite
    Options
    blinker wrote:
    Go to www.contactnumbers.com & get y/self an 0871 number @ 10p per minute with a 2.4p p/m cashback & tell the company 'homecall' or whoever calling you that you are really interested in their crap product - keep em talking for 180minutes x 3 times & earn yourself £13.00 :T

Do this several times a month & you can enjoy a weekend break in lovely Dorset or Tenerife or Eilat or...............................

Interesting, but how do you get them to phone you using the 0871 number? I would get one of the 0911 numbers and get 37p/min rebate from them.
    Do I want it? ......Do I need it? ......What would happen if I don't buy it??????
  • blinker
    blinker Posts: 96 Forumite
    Options
    U have to tell them how excited u r about their fantastic crap product
    BUT u r really need that line .... & so could they call u back in 2 minutes on 0871..... etc... :j
  • pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    Options
    Reviews about Homecalls Customer Service make interesting reading!!!!
    https://www.reviewcentre.com/review156637.html
    PF.
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Reviews about Homecalls Customer Service make interesting reading!!!!
    https://www.reviewcentre.com/review156637.html
    I think that should help people decide!
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure