hamper for csection

Hi peeps, my sister si in tomorrow for a csection wiht her second child - ive brought baby gifts (clothes) and ive brought my other niece (aged 2) and a fluffy unicorn teddy. but i wan tot get some bits and pieces for my sister to enjoy seeing as shes bed ridden for the next few days - im going to see her on saturday so she will have had a while to recover but i want ot get her a few treaty bits to take in. Liek for example i know she likes pepperamis so i brought a bag fo the mini ones for her - figure this wont affect breast milk too much. I just wondered if anyone had any ideas of other things to take her as ive never had a csection so i dont know how hard things are to do etc. thanks. x x x x
Making Changes To Save My Life
April step goal ~ 25,021 of 130,000 steps complete so far

Comments

• Ive never had a c-section, but I can vouch for feeling pretty yuck after giving birth naturally!

I would get bits like some nice smellies for the shower, perhaps something with lavender in. A few nice chocs perhaps - ok, I know your supposed to try and eat healthily but she needs a few extra calories and the sugar might help the lack of sleep issues!
    What about one of those wheat bags she could warm up in the mircowave at home?

Erm...big pants? joking aside, my mate had loads of these for after her c-section as the wound is normally right about normal knicker height! :rotfl:
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    A cheap pillow! Life saver!

If she gets the antibiotics afterwards, they can make you feel pretty sicky, so how about some peppermints? Mint imperials are good.

She wont want to use anything in the bath at first, it may sting, so some nice body lotion.

A back scrubby thing with a long handle for reaching her legs in the shower or bath.

And yes, big knickers, or even the paper ones, the scar can be gooey and can stick and stain normal knickers the first week till it heals up a bit.

A couple of flannels for her boobs, small pot of Vaseline (good for nails, lips, nipples), pack of those fresh wipes, you know the deodorant ones?

Thats about all I can think of. For me though, the pillow was a must, kept baby and my arms up off the scar. And the back thing, was very painful for me to bend (though I had a pretty dramatic emergence C section).
  • sonee2405
    sonee2405 Posts: 1,451 Forumite
    big comfy pants, a hair scrunchie to tie her hair back, comfy bed socks, couple of decent magazines(make sure to include a gossip one as it can get boring seeing baby info everywhere).Packets of chocolate covered raisons or dried fruits to nibble on.Agree with the above posters bath smellies idea, you could include a nice face cream or handcream as a treat for her too and one of those sleep easy sprays which help with sleeping when sprayed on the pillow.hth
    Love can tame the wildest
  • bluenose1
    bluenose1 Posts: 2,665 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I have had 3 C sections.
    My suggestions

Take a little hamper in that she can enjoy opening -with

Peppermint tea - you have tummy ache after a C Section and this gets rid of the excess air.
    Magazines.
    Big box of chocs (goes down well with the nurses.)
    Breast pads (she is going to need them for the leakage and if it's your first you don't realise how many you will need.)
    Big knickers -so cover scar and support tummy.

I would have appreciated some of those hand made vouchers were you can offer your services - to do things like help tidying up, shopping, babysitting etc.
    There used to be a link to print some out called funvouchers, but I can't find them now.

I would always get a terrible fit if the giggles over stupid things after the operation and the pain when I laughed was awful, yet I couldn't stop. Ridiculous, but the tears would be dripping down and be a combination of laughter and pain.
    Money SPENDING Expert

• definetely agree with the big pants! i had to send oh out for some after my c section! and i know this may sound REALLY stupid but you know those long grabbers used for picking up rubbish etc? Very handy as it hurts like hell to bend down and pick stuff up! Good luck to her :)
    'They only had one cow!'
  • im a midwife i would agree with peppermint tea for wind

also

arnica a homeopathic remedy to reduce bruising can buy from boots etc sate with breast feeding

pillow or v pillow

hth xx
    Not setting myself any comp targets this year, didnt seem to work last year!!! £120.98/£2008
    2009/ maybyliene eyeshadow, rimmel polish, loreal foundation, Glamour: hairbrush
    boots card =2625
    quidoco= 110.00
    Thanks to all that take the time to post
  • MERFE
    MERFE Posts: 2,133 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    When i was in my mum got me some magazines and some olay wipes that were brilliant any facial/body wipes would work equally well, you do fell yucky afterwards and the hospital was not very airy (windows only open a fraction) so this really helped to freshen up.
  • Flapjacks, they kept me going after having an emergancy C section (I threw up the toast and was v hungry over night! )
    Only two big facts are known for certain: you are on a large, spinning rock hurtling through lonely space at about 67,000 mph, and one day your body is going to die. Will a new pair of shoes really help? :p

Weight at lightbulb moment 13 7lb
    goal for Christmas 12 7lb! :rotfl:
  • Amanda65
    Amanda65 Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Definately a V-pillow. Had a c-section with DS (third preganancy) and although I didn't use it much with my DD's found it invaluable for feeding after the op.
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,149 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I found hospital air very drying so lip salve. I'd also echo big pants and some sort of cream for her scar. Also if she has to wear the surgical stockings, they can be hard to put on after a shower, but putting talc on legs makes it easier. what about bottles of water so she can grab a drink if she wants one, from her bedside locker.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure