Goa Visa

Options
I want to apply for a visa to visit Goa in Nov. I phoned the London High Commission also Birmingham H.C. countless times but no reply, eventually phoned the Edinburgh High Commission and spoke to a very helpful person who informed me that London no longer accept postal applications, and Birmingham have a back log of work so it is taking much longer to process the applications, unfortunately only people resident in Scotland can apply to the Edinburgh H.C.
There are visa surgeries at various places throughout the country but the ones close to where I live are all on days when I am working so of no use. Has anybody used Visa agencies I know that there are fees in the region of £30 on top of the £30 visa applic fee, but which ones are reliable as I am rather worried about sending my passport with the visa application?
I have looked on the net and there are various companies www.visaexpress.co.uk www.indiavisa.co.uk www.visaservices.ltd.com

Comments

• medicman
    medicman Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    have used trailfinders before - very good service and got my passport back within a about 10 days.
  • DKLS
    DKLS Posts: 13,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Try your local Sikh temple, usually at the bigger ones on a saturday they run a visa clinic. Its where I got mine from last year,
  • odowdchr
    odowdchr Posts: 800 Forumite
    Options
    suzyq wrote: »
    I want to apply for a visa to visit Goa in Nov. I phoned the London High Commission also Birmingham H.C. countless times but no reply, eventually phoned the Edinburgh High Commission and spoke to a very helpful person who informed me that London no longer accept postal applications, and Birmingham have a back log of work so it is taking much longer to process the applications, unfortunately only people resident in Scotland can apply to the Edinburgh H.C.
    There are visa surgeries at various places throughout the country but the ones close to where I live are all on days when I am working so of no use. Has anybody used Visa agencies I know that there are fees in the region of £30 on top of the £30 visa applic fee, but which ones are reliable as I am rather worried about sending my passport with the visa application?
    I have looked on the net and there are various companies www.visaexpress.co.uk www.indiavisa.co.uk www.visaservices.ltd.com

You can turn up at Birmingham and get it done on the day....queue and drop off before 10, collect after 3 or something...it's full day though.
    You've got plenty of time to post off if you're going in November, just remember to post Special Delivery and enclose a SAE Special Delivery to return it.
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Options
    Be aware the forms at London, Birmingham and Edinburgh are different. I downloaded the forms from the Indian High Commission website (London)+ filled them in b4 hand (to save time), sat for an hour @ Edinburgh for them to be rejected. Had to fill in specific Edinburgh ones, re queue another hour and hand them in again, then return after 2 and re queue to collect visa.
    Turned out to be an all day job.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,289 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    medicman wrote: »
    have used trailfinders before - very good service and got my passport back within a about 10 days.

Yes, that was exactly my experience. Well worth the fee, considering the saving in time and train fares.
  • cundall
    cundall Posts: 859 Forumite
    Options
    I would check with trailfinders to see if they are still doing it.. my friend who had to return for their year visa (180 day max stay before re-entry) and there are normally couriers dropping off visa's but there were none this year (for London). As they had a London address they got refused one in Birmingham.

Visa clinics are the best though
  • Uneducated_Archie
    Options
    Previously I obtained my visa from London and there was a £1.00 handling fee. Looking at the application form for Birmingham I can't see any mention of it, I'm a bit [FONT=&quot]Dyslexix and can't see the woods for the trees. Has anyone else applied and received their postal visa from Birmingham and if so is this all I need:

Application form
    2 passport photos
    Postal Order for £30.00
    Prepaid Special Delivery Envelope
    Passport (more than 8 months to run)

I could always send a separate Postal Order for £1.00 just in case. (The Scottish Visa for clearly shows the £1.00 fee)

I'm not travelling until November (2 weeks) and then again for Christmas/New Year
    [/FONT]
  • suzyq
    suzyq Posts: 187 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks to all who have replied to my post. I have checked out Trailfinders as medicman suggested, they can obtain the visa for me for £25 plus the £30 for the visa, there is also post and packing to be added on, but it will save me having to mess around going to Birminghan hci or spend all day waitingaround at a visa surgery
    :T :T
  • Uneducated_Archie
    Options
    Suzyq: Have you got your visa back yet? I sent mind by post direct to IHC Birmingham on 29 Aug but haven't received it yet. How were trailfinders? How long did it take them to do it? I personally can't see the IHC's position regarding postal applications direct from the customer. How can it be any easier for the IHC to process applications from trailfinders if they send them to the IHC by post? Presumabably they will receive one large sack of applications from Trailfinders instead of a large number of small ones direct from individuals? Unless of course Trailfinders are given special dispensation and go personally direct to the IHC. I think we will be looking at other destinations (Kenya etc (been there about 30 - 40 times)) where one can get a visa on arrival.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure