Biotrax

Options
Mods - apols if this is in the wrong place... I've ummm'd and ahhhh'd as to where to put it and probably chosen the wrong place, yet I just know someone on the board is going to know the answer to my q.

Has anyone come across Biotrax International? From what I see they offer the ability to put you in touch with bodies doing medical research etc for which you can volunteer as a study/guinea pig.... and often receive payment for your time etc. They also give info about Film/TV Extra work and mystery shopping.

To get the info you have to first pass their eligibility test and then pay a £20 once only life membership fee.

Is it a scam to get your money or are they a good source of info for potentially earning pin money?

Any info gratefully received.

Comments

• Ted_Hutchinson
    Ted_Hutchinson Posts: 7,142 Forumite
    Options
    www.drugtrial.co.uk
    Can't see any benefit in paying when you can get this information for free.
    http://www.trials4us.co.uk/
    My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
  • Fran
    Fran Posts: 11,281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Phoebs,

I agree, I would be very wary of something like this that asks for payment.
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
  • Phoebs
    Phoebs Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    hence my question! :-)
  • Paul_Varjak
    Paul_Varjak Posts: 4,627 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The same Biotrax International as:

http://www.falseclaimsact.com/biotrax.html
  • Lady_K
    Lady_K Posts: 4,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh dear I just filled in thier application form and gave them all my personal details, they even want your middle name. When I had filled in the form a window came up saying we need more information and please ring this number, an 0870 one. It looks like the window comes up with every application so why do they ask you to fill in your details on an application form that they know wont provide all the details they will need. It didnt say I was suitable or anything. Plus I didnt realize you had to pay £20 to join. That bit I dont understand because if they are willing to pay people to be in experiments why would they charge for joining...

I searched this up because I saw a woman on this morning tv promoting her book about how to make money on the side. I thought as it was one of the suggestions in her book it would be ok

Im now a bit worried that I've given my personal details to them :(

Ted, have you tried the ones you gave links for or know anyone that has?
    Thanx

Lady_K
  • Ted_Hutchinson
    Ted_Hutchinson Posts: 7,142 Forumite
    Options
    Lady_K wrote:
    Plus I didnt realize you had to pay £20 to join. That bit I dont understand because if they are willing to pay people to be in experiments why would they charge for joining...
    Exactly. If they are actually getting paid to find volunteers and being paid by the volunteers they are coining it for doing very little. A few minutes on the internet should bring up a few companies who need volunteers.
    Ted, have you tried the ones you gave links for or know anyone that has?
    No just a google search.
    Here's some more LCG
    Chiltern
    Research Volunteers
    My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
  • Yanis
    Yanis Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Lady_K:

What happened? Did it work out OK?

I have been wondering about Biotrax myself, but is is extremely difficult to find any independent information since almost everything on the web is sponsored by them which seems a bit suspicious...
  • Yanis
    Yanis Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Paul Varjak:

That link does not work anymore, what did it say?
  • weeMe_3
    weeMe_3 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Phoebs wrote:

Has anyone come across Biotrax International? From what I see they offer the ability to put you in touch with bodies doing medical research etc for which you can volunteer as a study/guinea pig.... and often receive payment for your time etc. They also give info about Film/TV Extra work and mystery shopping.

To get the info you have to first pass their eligibility test and then pay a £20 once only life membership fee.

Is it a scam to get your money or are they a good source of info for potentially earning pin money?

Any info gratefully received.

They are still recruiting at the moment. I was gonna click on their advert and join but then I googled it and this thread came up!!!!! :rotfl: Phew, lucky me! I would have been their guinea pig!!!!

Has anyone earned any money by joining them?

I am interested in getting extra income by working from home, doing some freelancing but anyone has any point of direction to offer, please?

thanks!
  • BioTrax
    BioTrax Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    have noticed this listing for a while but really , why dont you apply for all the FREE stuff if you are that worried . BioTrax has been designed to supply a credible directory service which puts you in contact with all research activities . We are not the clinic as such . Its a bit like buying a street map to find where your going and you can view all the opportunities available that recruit from your geographical areas before you subscribe if thats what you want to do . It stands to reason when we are supported by so many organisations that we are in fact very credible as opposed to all the scams out there . Its a shame that there are so many scams out there because it makes us look bad , but then you only really have to use your common sense really .

Not Everybody can join biotrax for medical research , you still have to pass an eligibility test, which we wouldn't have if we were dishonest.

You either want a comprehensive proffesional service or you dont but it does make life a lot easier .

We dont list any of the scams incidently , so that you won't get burnt

I think common sense is what counts here, but i can understand partially why people are wary , but then you need to look at the real facts.

The other side of the coin is we can supply a very credidible service but you still have to pick up the phone yourself . We certainly don't make claims that we will do everything for you . You will have to pay your own taxi fares to the clinics for example .

Most people are very happy with our services and if your not we have telephone support to see where your going wrong so we can't be anymore helpfull really. Scams dont have phone numbers or addresses.

Incidently that BioTrax False claims thing is not us , that is a defunct company in the US , But we can't do anything about it .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure