Beat my holiday quote

Options
Having tried this out as an experiment; following feedback we’re going to replace it with a pure ‘Beat My Quote’ thread where rather than finding you deals in the first place – travel agents/MoneySavers will simply try and beat existing quotes. This looks the best way to proceed.

Martin

What’s this about?

This is a special area where you can ask all the Travel Agents and MoneySavers who frequent this board to suggest the best possible price for your deal. The aim is an informal thread where lots of travel agents can privately send you their best possible quote; to help save you time and money.

IMPORTANT. To protect you, the rules are very strict
Please read this in detail before making a request.

Why does this exist?

There are many travel agents who regularly add information in this Travel Board, and many MoneySavers have requested they help. Yet the site has very strict rules against advertising/posting for commercial gain, so this thread has been designed to allow MoneySavers to ask for the Travel Agents help without breaking the rules; so both the agents who help and the MoneySavers can benefit. Travel agents have been given a Travel Agents Code of Conduct.

Before asking for a quote.

There are two main techniques for getting a cheap holiday. Before asking for a quote, do read the full cutting edge articles on how to get one yourself, read Cheap Flight and Hotel Finding or to find a cheap package deal read Cheap Packages: Haggle 15% off the cost. As the cheap packages solution is all about haggling down the price, using that in conjuction with this ‘Find Me The Best Deal’ thread is perfect.

Don’t assume the best quote here is the best possible deal

This thread is here as a convenience. MoneySavingExpert has no connection with any of the travel agents that post and the best deal here isn’t necessarily the best deal overall. Do compare it to the best deals you can get elsewhere (the articles linked above should help). Many non-travel agent MoneySavers who know the travel market may also send you their suggestions.

And remember, MoneySavingExpert does not check the legitimacy of those saying they’re travel agents, that’s a check you must make yourself - you book and pay at your own risk.
What to do to get quotes

Click reply to this post (you must be registered to do this, it’s totally free, and is only necessary to stop spammers) and then post your holiday request. Never include your e-mail or any personal details until you are sure it is the deal you want; and then always check the legitimacy of the agent before continuing.

Travel agents and any other MoneySavers who want to help; will then send you a private message with their best possible deal in it (this may take hours or days or you may not get any replies, keep checking).

If you like any of them, simply reply to the private message and start the communication. If anyone sends you an inappropriate Private Message (PM) or one that breaks the rules, please report it to [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL]

What information you should include.

A. If you already have a quote for the holiday you want

YOU WILL HAVE A MUCH GREATER CHANCE OF SUCCESS IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A QUOTE - IF SO ALWAYS TITLE IT "BEAT MY QUOTE"

If you’ve followed the Cheapest package holiday deals article and know exactly what you want and have details and a price. Then simply quote all the main details of the trip and the total price (including any booking fees) and ask if anyone can beat it.

B. If you don’t have a specific package/trip in mind

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A QUOTE, TRAVEL AGENTS ARE LESS LIKELY TO RESPOND AND IT MEANS MORE WORK FOR THEM. HOWEVER YOU CAN TRY

In that case note down.
  • Desired destination(s) and where and when you want to go
  • Which airport/ports? Where you’re coming from and how far you’re willing to travel to an airport/port.
  • Holiday Travel Dates. Are you flexible?
  • Duration of holiday
  • Number of people travelling (inc kids ages)
  • Type of holiday? The more details the better.
  • Board basis? – half board, full board, all inclusive, bed & breakfast?
  • What your price range is.
  • Whether you require an in-flight meal. (You can usually cut the cost if you omit this)
  • Are night-flights or stopovers acceptable?
  • Any specific requirements – child friendly, quiet, nightlife?
What to do when you’ve got a deal.

If you find a deal or no longer require the quote, please go back to your post and click “edit” and then add “Holiday now booked” to it. If you don’t then it’s unfair on those who are doing work to find you the best deal.

If you can add how much you paid in the end and whether this system worked or not, that’d be great. However please do not mention the name or any details about which individual travel agent/poster was cheapest as that would break the site's advertising rules.

Rules for Travel Agents responding to this thread
  • Please reply by PM. Very strictly do not reply in this thread.
  • You must have the Travel Agents Code of Conduct signature if you are going to respond in this thread.
  • Do not send your phone number or e-mail in the initial PM, only do it if it is requested in successive PMs.
  • Only respond with an actual quote of a real holiday or deal. Responses such as “I can often do prices for around £xxx” is not acceptable, it must be an actual holiday quote. Nor are “call me and I will find you a good deal”.
  • If the details are not sufficient it is permitted to ask any clarification questions such as “can you confirm what board level you want?” but bear in mind rule 4. above for such matters. Also please do suggest that the person alters their post if there an obvious omission in the details.
  • It is hoped this system will allow helpful travel agents to earn money by providing the very lowest providing the very cheapest prices, but to ensure no one is trying to dupe MoneySavers; MoneySavingExpert will blind test this on a regular basis – any agents breaking these rules will be permanently barred from using the Forums.
Rules for Non-Travel Agents responding to this thread

Providing you have no commercial link to any of the companies you are suggesting, then the rules are much less strict. If you just have a good idea of what people can do and want to share it – feel free to PM them; but do inform them you are not a travel agent and are just trying to help.
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• tracylaw
    tracylaw Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    I would really appreciate some help with the following
    • Desired destination(s) warm, on the beach, chill out holiday - very flexible any country considered
    • Which airport/ports? Bristol (preffered), or any London Airport
    • Holiday Travel Dates. 10 or 11 nights can be anytime between 6 aug (evening departure from UK) and 17 aug (midnight arrival back in UK)
    • Type of holiday? Lazy, sitting round the pool/on the beach, read a book type of relaxing holiday. Must be cheap (total budget including all spending money and travel, is £900 for two adults)
    • Board basis? – All Inclusive preferable - Anything considered within budget
    • What your price range is. £450 per person All Inclusive or a bit less if Half/Full Board
    • Whether you require an in-flight meal. No, cut all extras to the bone please
    • Are night-flights or stopovers acceptable? Yes
    • Any specific requirements – no
    Thank you in anticipation
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Desired destination(s) Cyprus (prefer North)
    Which airport/ports? LTN/LGW
    Holiday Travel Dates.11/14 nights to inc Christmas/New Year 2007/8
    Type of holiday? Two mature ladies need a little pampering (instead of doing Christmas for everyone else!) for a change
    Board basis? All Inclusive
    What your price range is. £400/500 pp
    Whether you require an in-flight meal. No
    Are night-flights or stopovers acceptable? No
    Any specific requirements on or close to beach, pool (heated if outdoor), sea view, balcony/terrace. Family hotel acceptable, prefer with entertainment but not 18-30 type.

Thank you in anticipation :)
  • JOOLZ
    JOOLZ Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    Desired destination(s) Playa Paraiso, Mexico
    Which airport/ports? Any London
    Holiday Travel Dates.14 nights to include half term dates at the end of May 2008
    Type of holiday? 12 of us 6 Adults, 3 children between 12 and 16 years and 3 children under 12 so sun and sea
    Board basis? All Inclusive
    What your price range is. Hopefully £1000 ish per adult and less for the children
    Whether you require an in-flight meal. Don't mind
    Are night-flights or stopovers acceptable? Yes
    Any specific requirements One of the Iberostar hotels please

Thank you.:)
  • spirit
    spirit Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    • Desired destination(s) Egypt (Luxor) nile cruise with week 2 at a red sea resort for diving/snorkelling
    • Which airport/ports? from Winchester to Gatwick, would consider southampton or Bournemouth airports.
    • Holiday Travel Dates. any october dates but avoiding half term
    • Type of holiday? 4 or 5* hotel/boat. 2 adults (female friends) happy to share accommodation - twin beds!!
    • Board basis? – full board or all inclusive
    • What your price range is. £800 each tops
    • Whether you require an in-flight meal. don't mind
    • Are night-flights or stopovers acceptable? no stopovers, prefer daytime flights but night acceptable
    • Any specific requirements – clean accommodation, excursions included on Nile cruiser. red sea hotel to be clean and comfortable, near beach, good pools and catering facilities, does not have to be in the middle of the resort if it has diving etc attached which i think many do anyway?
    thank you

Holiday booked. Had a really good quote great if you want the cheapest deal going.
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee. :j
  • Claribelle
    Claribelle Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    • Desired destination(s) Any country considered if within my budget.
    • Which airport/ports? Any London airport
    • Holiday Travel Dates. 22nd -29th August 2007
    • Type of holiday? Somewhere nice and warm in a hotel or apartment with a pool. Things to keep 11 year and 13 year old happy like theme/water parks/ shops etc.
    • Board basis? – Any
    • What your price range is. If self catering - £200 per person or a bit more if meals included.
    • Whether you require an in-flight meal. No
    • Any specific requirements – no
    Thank you so much for your help
  • steveandel
    steveandel Posts: 247 Forumite
    Options
    Desired destination(s) Sardinia, Neapolitan Riviera, Crete etc... am also open to suggestions! Anywhere relaxing with a bit of Sun but not somewhere with nothing to do
    Which airport/ports? Any Northern England or London Gatwick/Stanstead
    Holiday Travel Dates. Anywhere between 7 and 14 days sometime in September 2007
    Type of holiday? Honeymoon (2 adults)
    Board basis? Bed and Breakfast/Room-only/Self-catering
    What your price range is. Preferably under £1000 in total
    Whether you require an in-flight meal. Don't mind
    Are night-flights or stopovers acceptable? Yes
    Any specific requirements Quiet hotel/resort if possible. Little or no disco/cabaret style evening entertainment please. Nice hotel and location is more important than proximity to beach though. A fridge in the room would be good as well! As nice a hotel as we can get for the (limited!) budget

• lausul37
    Options
    i have been quoted just under 2k for a package holiday in the corinthian san gorg st julians malta. flying from bristol in august. party of 2 adults 3 children under 7 on b + b basis. the quote is from MALTADIRECT. Anyone know of a better deal. laurence.:rolleyes:
  • typeractive
    typeractive Posts: 914 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    • Desired destination(s) Thinking about NYC. Anytime in the last two weeks of July (2007) for approx 5 days.
    • Which airport/ports? Newcastle, will consider London Airports, but require connecting flights from either Newcastle or Durham Tees Valley.
    • Holiday Travel Dates. Any time within the last 2 weeks of July 2007.
    • Type of holiday? Sight seeing, regular tourist stuff (I<3NYC etc) and a spot of shopping. Good opportunity to take photographs.
    • Board basis? – bed & breakfast really. though open to suggestion.
    • What your price range is. Not sure. Cheapest flights etc.
    • Whether you require an in-flight meal. Not bothered either way really, but I guess it is around 11hours...so might be best saying yes!
    • Are night-flights or stopovers acceptable? Yeah
    • Any specific requirements – for 2 adults.
    Thanks very much in advance. :D
    "The future needs a big kiss"
  • grahamopey
    grahamopey Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    This is for 2 people

Desired destination(s) Tanzania
    • Which airport/ports? Manchester to Dar ES Salaam
    • Holiday Travel Dates. Leave 25th Aug, return 16th Sept. I cannot arrive back in england any later than the 18th and cannot leave england before the evening of friday 24th. The 23rd may be possible at a push.
    • Type of holiday? Flight only
    • Board basis? Flight only
    • What your price range is. Less than 500 quid
    • Whether you require an in-flight meal. Yes
    • Any specific requirements – No
    Cheers in advance
  • grahamopey
    grahamopey Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    The reason I can't return later than the 18th in the above is because my mum is getting married in Cyprus on the 20th Septemeber. So I would also appreciate help with this.
    This would be for 1 person:

Desired destination(s) Cyprus
    Which airport/ports? Manchester to Paphos (is the other airport viable?)
    • Holiday Travel Dates. Leave 18th Sept, return 22nd Sept. I am pretty inflexible with this
    • Type of holiday? Flight only (would consider self catering if part of a cheap package deal although I am more than happy roughing it)
    • Board basis? Flight only or SC
    • What your price range is. 250 max
    • Whether you require an in-flight meal. No
    • Any specific requirements – Be in Paphos by the 19th
    Cheers again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income