W/C 2/7/07. What are you doing to make money?!

Right folks, lets push push push to get ourselves and eachother, money making. Dezzi has the phrase "What can I do to make money today?" stuck in my head, but what I want to know from everyone is:
What are you doing to make money this week?

This week I start my new job on the phone, I know it's not going to be easy BUT I'm in debt, I'm in trouble and I have a commitment to my bills.

My pledge:
This week I will work no less than 12 hours at my telephone job, and I will earn no less than £72.
I will list things that I don't use/won't use/don't need online for sale.
This week commencing 2/7/07, I will make in total no less than £100 to pay towards my debts only.
I've used bold and underlining at certain points to clearly remind myself to push push push for my target.

It is my intention to make a weekly 'What are you doing to make money?' pledge thread, where we can all support each other in our mission (be it short or long term) to become debt free.

Is there ovetime going at work? Take it if you can!
Do you like a lazy Sunday morning long lie in bed? De clutter that attic and car-boot it!
Is the local church/school having a jumble sale or bakesale? Excellent!!

Remember : If you don't use it, won't use it or don't want it, then sell it!
Clutter is cash waiting to happen.

So, what will you pledge this week?

Joanne x

Debt free since 2014 - now saving for a mortgage deposit :heart2:
This time I'm on top of it! We live and learn :coffee:

Comments

• weegie-dfw
    weegie-dfw Posts: 135 Forumite
    Great Thread.

To make money this week I will:
    1. Complete travel expenses form (should be around £200 mark)
    2. Put BT phones on ebay.
    3. Send invoice off to last week's freelance work.
    4. Chase up cheques from freelance work from last month.
    5. Set up at least three dates for a tour.
    6. Get website up and running advertising the company.
    And to make sure I do this I will be writing an action plan for each one. ;)
    Debt Total. 17th February 2010 £15,685
  • JCD_Capulet
    JCD_Capulet Posts: 1,441
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    YAY! Go, weegie-dfw! Another Glasgow dfw on the board I presume? :D
    I've not been to bed yet from yesterday, I'm totally wired on coffee. But hey, at least I'll be awake to keep checking my email for survey invites ect :rotfl:
  • weegie-dfw
    weegie-dfw Posts: 135 Forumite
    That's right - although I've moved to the dark side (Edinburgh). That's one long night - I'm not having a good morning can't get the hot water to work bl**dy boiler!
    Debt Total. 17th February 2010 £15,685
  • JCD_Capulet
    Forumite
    weegie-dfw wrote: »
    That's right - although I've moved to the dark side (Edinburgh). That's one long night - I'm not having a good morning can't get the hot water to work bl**dy boiler!

Hahaha! I love Edinburgh, I still don't understand why folk get so passionate in their hatred of the place :confused: Mind you, I was stranded there once, it wasn't a nice experience!

Good luck with getting the boiler working, nowt worse than having to take a luke warm/cold shower :(
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Great idea for a thread - I am self employed so every week I need to push myself to make more money as no one else is going to do it for me. No clients=no money!! I also need to do the "extras" to pay off the debt quicker!

So this week I will:

- put some of the ideas for getting new clients into practice. Get letter writing and get out there!
    - do at least one matched bet and aim to make £20 clear profit by doing so.
    - look at the long term weather forecast for Sunday and if suitable, I will look for an appropriate car boot sale to do.
    - check my e-mail more regularly for surveys and mystery shopping opportunities.

I hope everyone has a profitable week!
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • JCD_Capulet
    Forumite
    Great stuff Hypno! I'd love to do a car boot sale this sunday, but it's not possible for me unless my mum takes a day off her work (loosing out on £180 for a shift) to take me to sell my clutter! I wonder what the reaction would be if I just turned up with a wee granny trolly full of things and a throw to put on the ground.

Hmm, I think I've just given myself an Idea :rotfl:
  • Seaxwyn
    Seaxwyn Posts: 4,896 Forumite
    Hi, can I join in too?

I will

- do at least six hours of paid work each day (which means spending less time on here!)
    - plan to do a carboot sale on Sunday if the weather is good - I really hope it is as I have the stuff all piled up in my bedroom and it's very depressing!
    - go round the house searching for loose change before going to bank this morning and pay it off credit card
    Total debt: 1 January 2007 £[strike]49,387.79[/strike] 1 January 2012 £[STRIKE]19,312.85[/STRIKE] 1 August 2012 £11,517.62

• hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I really don't like doing car boot sales, but I still have a garage full of things, largely from my Dad's house but also just bits and pieces. Normally Sundays are taken up with the children's activities - ski racing etc but next week I have nothing in the diary, so if the weather is fine there will be no excuses and I would hope to come home with a very useful £50 in our pocket which is much needed!
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • JCD_Capulet
    Forumite
    Of course you can join in Seaxwyn!

Hmm, six hours of paid work a day you say? I think I might up the anti and change my 12 hrs work for this week to 6 hours per day also. If I start (I havent quite started my new job yet) tomorow and lay aside friday as a day off for seeing my boyfriend.....I could probably earn....£180 this week!

I'm already feeling really positive about this now :D

Good luck everyone!
    And keep us all updated/drop in for some encouragement ect :)

Joanne x
  • JCD_Capulet
    Forumite
    hypno06 wrote: »
    I really don't like doing car boot sales, but I still have a garage full of things, largely from my Dad's house but also just bits and pieces. Normally Sundays are taken up with the children's activities - ski racing etc but next week I have nothing in the diary, so if the weather is fine there will be no excuses and I would hope to come home with a very useful £50 in our pocket which is much needed!

Hypno, this might sound terrible so please forgive me. When I used to do car boot sales every sunday a few years back, I'd always tell my little sister it was her job to answer people about prices when it came to certain things.
    Having a tiny wee ten year old girl with huge green eyes, bunches and a lisp (she'll batter me if she reads this) say to a potential customer "The hifi is £10, I want to buy some new dolls" and smile sweetly meant that hardly anyone tried to barter and always paid up! HAHAHAHAHA. Bless, she's a clever (and now older) wee mite. Once she knew she could make folk buy things she enjoyed it and pretty much took over our stall!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family