🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Omi Group And Holiday Schemes In General

Options
MSE_Martin
MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
We've had a note from the company OMI about what it argues are potentially libellous comments about it on here. Those posts have therefore been deleted.

I would also ask that no further discussions on this company take place. Please report any to the abuse controller.

I have not checked this company out and have no knowledge of its practices - and therefore am not in a position either to vouch for it, or to back up the criticisms.

Some General Tips On Holiday Home Organisations and Sales Meetings

However, do let me take the opportunity to make some general points on all holiday type schemes where you are invited to meetings.

DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THEM WITH A BARGEPOLE!

Holiday clubs are almost invariably not MoneySaving. Their aim is to get long term cash from people. Often these companies work by pressure sales, inviting people to meetings and attempting to sign them up.

Worse still, they often use these meetings to recruit people to sell the product in a network marketing type scheme. In other words they get people to try and flog the idea to others working on commission. This means the 'testimonials' for these things are often flawed and biased and should be taken with a rock of salt.

Rarely have any of these companies actually provided a good deal for any consumer. As a general point I would completely avoid attending such meetings. Never part with your money. In my view you're almost invariably better off going for a normal holiday.

Martin

This has been locked to prevent discussion on the issue
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family