Sky+ Charge removal

Options
rang sky to reduce my package as the footy season is over. The chap explained that I would face a £10 charge for the recording feature of sky plus, if i did not have 2 or more premium packages (sky sports/movies etc). I knew this anyway.

He then went on to say that from June 1st sky are scrapping the £10 charge and so sky+ recording is available at no extra cost no matter what package you are on.

However i noticed that sky have upped the cost of the box so it may be worth shopping around for a cheaper one if you dont have one

Comments

• overide
    overide Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    Here we go again :)
  • mew
    mew Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This could be true as myself and at least one other forum member have been offered Sky Plus for FREE with no monthly fee and a £20 credit in case we get charged the fee on next months bill - Discussed Here
  • Avallon_2
    Avallon_2 Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I second that :D
    1882 Posts: 496 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Excellent if true but I'm not holding my breath!
  • saintscouple
    saintscouple Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Also discussed in some detail here http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-news-announcements/9783-something-big-cards.html
    From what i can extract is that sky are currently dropping the sky+ charge to those customers outside their 12 month contract as a retention deal - though come 1st July it will be dropped for all customers.
    Note: There has been no official statement - only word from those custoemrs who have phoned retentions.
  • markyfun
    markyfun Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    I too have just been offered free Sky+ & £20 credit as a retention deal.

Makes downsizing to a 2 mix selction and keeping Sky+ a realistic price now (£15 instead of £25 previously) :-)
  • Wayne3765
    Wayne3765 Posts: 631 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm upgrading to Sky+ , called yesterday and had got the Sky+ box for £49 and had £20 credited to my account to cover the £10 per month until July then it's free.
  • djblamire
    djblamire Posts: 299 Forumite
    Options
    Is it still £49 for a new Sky+ box, and free for a refurb ?

Thanks
    Daniel
  • MOONLIGHTVELLA
    Options
    Hi rang sky this morning saying we are going to cancel the television 6 mix and also the telephone call freetime and they tried to offer us the 2 mix and we said no as the kidz would be missing out we have the lot or nothing and they have done us a deal from £39.97 to £21.00 but we have to pay for our calls in the daytime great saving !!!!!!!!! as we dont use the phone much in the daytime .. Try it with sky they need to hear the word CANCEL i was reading through the forums and found this and told my husband to try it before he sets up the DD and YES it worked great result we save £18.97 per month ...............
  • markdavey
    markdavey Posts: 617 Forumite
    Options
    Wayne3765 wrote: »
    I'm upgrading to Sky+ , called yesterday and had got the Sky+ box for £49 and had £20 credited to my account to cover the £10 per month until July then it's free.

Did you have to pay for install?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport