£2 off Costa coffee

'All this month when you register and top up a pre paid Costa card with £5, we'll give you a free credit of £2. You can use it to buy coffee, cake or anything else up to the same value. With a card there's no need for cash. You just pay and go.
Pick up your card instore and register it online at www.costa.co.uk
Offer valid from 5th-30th April in participating stores only.'
From the Telegraph today.
I quite often succemb to temptation and go into Costas. I wonder if it would be possible to register more than one card?:o

Comments

• bigvince76
    bigvince76 Posts: 166 Forumite
    I do not really see the point of these cards, the deal seems to be you give your money to costa and then, err, well you buy coffee with your money on their card, why not just use money? Loads of places take money, seem much more useful.

I guess if you go there a lot saving £2 is good, but only once? maybe worth getting a few cards.
  • mcallister1
    mcallister1 Posts: 2,198 Forumite
    bigvince76 wrote: »
    I do not really see the point of these cards, the deal seems to be you give your money to costa and then, err, well you buy coffee with your money on their card, why not just use money? Loads of places take money, seem much more useful.

I guess if you go there a lot saving £2 is good, but only once? maybe worth getting a few cards.

I agree really as it s prepaying for something not yet received. However, if people have a costa habit that needs feeding then this would represent a decent return if you got a few cards.
  • littlejaffa
    littlejaffa Posts: 2,251
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    If your planning on lunching or similar in a costa, it sounds like a great idea....it's 40% cash extra free. If you get a £5 voucher from pigsback or similar it's suddenly worth £7...:T

but even if you just get a coffee on the way to work in the morning, it saves huting for change/purses etc annnnd you'll get extra for free.

I think this a great idea and a really usefull post, and if you can't say anyhting nice...maybe you shouldn't say anything atall.
    Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
    Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,076
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    cool nice one OP ;)
  • mcallister1
    mcallister1 Posts: 2,198 Forumite
    If your planning on lunching or similar in a costa, it sounds like a great idea....it's 40% cash extra free. If you get a £5 voucher from pigsback or similar it's suddenly worth £7...:T

but even if you just get a coffee on the way to work in the morning, it saves huting for change/purses etc annnnd you'll get extra for free.

I think this a great idea and a really usefull post, and if you can't say anyhting nice...maybe you shouldn't say anything atall.

Its ok- I think bigvince has a fair point in the spirit of moneysaving.After all, when you commit your money to this card you lose any flexibility about where to spend it.
    Anyway, I wonder if it will be tricky to register more than one-I know I'll use it so will try.
  • You can register more than one, but only get the extra £2 top-up for the first registration, so you need to get 'em "for your mum" etc and stick in an alternate email address.
  • satan666wayne
    satan666wayne Posts: 1,023 Forumite

It's is called a forum so people can post personal opinions, all things have pros and con's.

Yes the op has found a good offer but after you have spent the £7 the card is not much good,

maybe Costa should offer more of a long term incentive like an ongoing bonus.

If you don't like negative comments.... maybe you shouldn't read the forums at all.

Thanks to the op i am going to get the card for the £2 extra but after that i won't use it unless the send more offers.
  • maybe Costa should offer more of a long term incentive like an ongoing bonus.

Yes they already do that with those cards where you get a stamp for each coffee you buy and get a free coffee after so many cups (I don't have a Costa near me to check this but I have a card in a drawer somewhere that I'm just never gonna use)
    “We are not interested in the fact that the brain has the consistency of cold porridge.” - Alan Turing.
  • I think these cards (Starbucks have them too) would be more attractive if you received 15%-25% off the price of coffee, when you use the credit on your card.

Nice post by the OP though....£2 is £2.
  • bigvince76
    bigvince76 Posts: 166 Forumite

Hey I did not say anything that wasn't nice, or anything about how 'useful' the original post was, nearly that I don't really see the point of the card beyond the opening offer. I have signed up and am very grateful to the OP for the information.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure