priority pass - airport lounge

Options
Hi, I'm new here, but I have tried to ascertain that this topic has not been raised before. Does anyone have any suggestion as to how I can use VIP lounges at international airports without having to pay as much as the asking rate of Priority Pass, or do you know of deals where I can get a discounted rate? Many thanks.

Comments

• nickmack
    nickmack Posts: 4,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Does anyone have any suggestion as to how I can use VIP lounges at international airports without having to pay as much as the asking rate of Priority Pass, or do you know of deals where I can get a discounted rate?

Is this for one trip (which airports are you flying to/from?) or for regular travel?
  • tam21
    tam21 Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    I would also be interested in this as a one-off for our honeymoon- we will be using Manchester Terminal 1, Paris CDG, Vienna and Rome

Thanks in advance!
    *** Matched betting: £422.69 *** :T
  • nickmack
    nickmack Posts: 4,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My only tip-check with your travel agent-if you have one.I once got offered vip lounge for £4 through thomsons-a bargain!If its a British Airways flight,you cant get to use their lounges unless you are "special"
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,631 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you have an Egg card (or know someone who does) then you can get 25% cashback.
    It does not have to be in the cardholders name.
    They just have to go through the correct link and pay for it with their egg card.
  • Astaroth
    Astaroth Posts: 5,444 Forumite
    Options
    Never seen the fascination with the lounges. I fly business class most the time so get automatic access to them but 1/2 the time dont bother using them... the only time I really do is to use their smoking lounge as whilst I am a smoker I dont like the smell of fags (never smoke indoors elsewhere but no option at an airport) and it is much less smoky in the lounges smoking rooms than the cattle pen of the normal smoking area.

I wouldnt ever recommend drinking much before flying so at most you are really going to get out of it is a glass of wine, a few nibbles and a newspaper
    All posts made are simply my own opinions and are neither professional advice nor the opinions of my employers
    No Advertising or Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,631 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Never seen the fascination with the lounges.

I see the comfy seats, space, internet access and free food/drink as a benefit.
    You can go a few few from your bag without panicking that it'll get nicked.
    In some of them you even get showers.
    I wouldnt ever recommend drinking much before flying

You've presumably never been terrified of flying then !!
    I have and I can confirm that alchohol helped me a great deal on a few occasions (I appreciate there are health issues but being so stressed that you're freezing cold and your heart rate is very high isn't good for your either).
    at most you are really going to get out of it is a glass of wine, a few nibbles and a newspaper

Some offer sandwhiches and cakes (does vary).
    A cup of tea and snacks at the airport can be quite expensive at airport prices.
    When Egg were doing the 75% offer and it was £4.25 then I don't think you needed to have a lot to get value.
  • Sazere
    Sazere Posts: 789 Forumite
    Options
    Have used the lounge at Sanford Orlando and it was well worth the money! Got free tea, coffee, coke, pop, etc and free cookies/biscuits/crisps. Free newspapers and internet, quiet room, tv lounge, kids playroom. It was fairly spacious inside and had plenty of seating. For us the entrance fee was cheaper than the drinks and snacks prices in the main departure lounge.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They are much more peaceful than the scrum in the main area.Comfy seats,tv, tea and coffe.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure