PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Removing Shoe Polish from Shirt

Options
Help-I don't know how I did this but I have black shoe polish on my partner's pink shirt collar (and no I wasn't standing on his head at the time).:eek:

I've tried vanish in the wash and rubbed on Fairy Household Soap. Although it's faded the shirt is not wearable.Apart from recycling the shirt has anyone any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

dihunny

Comments

• Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi dihunny,

The suggestions on this older thread might help: Does anyone know how to get shoe polish out of clothes?

I'll merge your thread with that one later as it helps to keep all the ideas together.

Pink
  • dihunny
    dihunny Posts: 88 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Pink Winged

Thank you for the link.

I did do a search before I posted but it didn't find the thread you recommended.

Thanks again

dihunny

:T
  • MATH
    MATH Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I ironed a t shirt this morning which has a shoe polish stain on it that has been there for 8 years and it never has come out despite numerous attacks with various 'wonder' products:o
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
  • dihunny
    dihunny Posts: 88 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I followed the link and tried suggested stardrops on it and-it's gone-brill

dihunny:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport