🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

HELP!!!ONETEL Disconnect cable override number

Options
Help. today Onetel have stopped the 0800-957-1877 override for cable customers. Apparently it is since they have been taken over by TalkTalk. And TalkTalk do not offer a cable override number. I have trawled the net all day, but cannot find any other cheap telephone company who provide an override for cable customers. Unfortunately, I live in Jersey, so can't use BT and must use cable. Does anyone know of any companies offering an override number for cable users. It must begin 0800 - 0845 costs a lot still. Many thanks if you can help? Roz:

Comments

• Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    will www.call18185.co.uk for cable work?

http://www.18185.co.uk/mobilerates.php

oops obviously not as its 0808, sorry
  • mobilegossip
    mobilegossip Posts: 1,163 Forumite
    Options
    Would you be hoping to register a Jersey 01534 Number to access it from.

I seem to recall that 18185 does not let you register them , things might have changed though.

If you can use 0800 , 0808 should not be a problem.
  • bbb_uk
    bbb_uk Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    If you check out the thread, Cheap Call Providers - Cable Landline Customers, from SayNo which will give you the cheaper options available now for those unfortunate enough to be on cable.

I have yet to update the thread on SayNo because if you use the www.phone.coop for your evening & weekend calls then you would only pay 4.7p per call. For the daytime then its another provider like Call18185.
  • acezing
    acezing Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    bbb_uk wrote:
    If you check out the thread, Cheap Call Providers - Cable Landline Customers, from SayNo which will give you the cheaper options available now for those unfortunate enough to be on cable.

I have yet to update the thread on SayNo because if you use the www.phone.coop for your evening & weekend calls then you would only pay 4.7p per call. For the daytime then its another provider like Call18185.

The OP lives in Jersey,and indicates he wants to use the service from their. The Phone Coop does not cover that area.

The Crown Dependencies of the Channel Islands (Jersey, Guernsey etc.) and the Isle of Man are not part of the UK but, as a legacy of their postal and telephone services being operated by the UK GPO until 1969, they continue to form part of the UK numbering plan, however calls to them are not usually included in inclusive call plans,nor can you cps your calls from their suppliers,but Jersey Telecom allow customers to call UK Freephone Numbers for FREE.
  • acezing
    acezing Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    Just a thought these people offer a pre-paid service
    http://www.firsttelecom.com/residential/residential-topupandtalk.htm
    which you can access through a Freephone Number.They might allow you to register from a CI address.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport