Beware L.C.I Travel - Free Holiday

Options
Had a phone call out of the blue about a Holiday I had Won! All I had to do was pay an administration fee of £34 and collect the tickets.

Yeah Right.

I asked if it was "Timeshare", no the reply came.

I declined to make an appointment and waited for the written confirmation to arrive.

These people sell "Holiday Ownership" points, just like Timeshare with a different name. To get your free Holiday you need to attend a high pressure sales presentation about Club Sunterrra aka GVC.

According to people posting on Holiday Review site DooYoo avoid like the plague.

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/cityguide_travel/travel/the_grand_vacation_club_gvc/_review_list/

Comments

• lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,636 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Every one should apply a "reality" check to these kind of offers.

Ask yourself "Is it very likely that a company will want to give me a free holiday with NO strings attached".

Answer - "Almost certainly not".

It really is pretty obvious if you start asking the right questions.

Unfortunately the old adages are true.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch and if it sounds too good to be true - it probably is.
  • jm
    jm Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    CLUB ACCESS On holiday this week was accosted by this young guy saying I had won a holiday - there followed a presentation of a similar sort declaring holidays would be a small amount of money plus one free week a year for 30 years, except I would have to invest £2,400 inititally. I would have to make up my mind there and then otherwise no offer. I declined and was allowed to take my free holiday. This is based similarly to the offer. There is a charge of £35 initially with a choice of 5 counties. Does anyone know of SUNSHINE HORIZONS or used them? :-/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure