Microsoft 'Money' Have you used it ?

Options
Costco selling it (2005 version) for £18. Is it any good, and is there a newer version ?
Peter

Comments

• MPH80
    MPH80 Posts: 973 Forumite
    Options
    I use 2004 and find it works well. I can't really live without it now. Depends what you want it for though. I find it useful, not only for tracking income/outgoings - but I also track stock prices and pension values through it.

If you just want something to track spendng/saving in one or two accounts - a basic spreadsheet would do as well. I found the spreadsheet became useless when I had 20 accounts ...

And no - no more recent version for the UK yet.

M.
  • nbbradshaw
    Options
    I use 2004 financial suite, like mph80 I couldn't live without mine either!
    There's always someone bigger and better, smarter and stronger but there's only one YOU!:j
  • Mine's_a_guinness
    Options
    It's absolutely brilliant - I've been using an older version for about 3 years now and I wouldn't be without it. It's fantastic for budgeting and for that price I think you'll find you've got yourself a bargain.
  • pounds_and_pensive
    Options
    MS Money '99 still going strong here :)
    Eek! Someone's stolen my signature! :eek:
  • Kilty_2
    Kilty_2 Posts: 5,818 Forumite
    Options
    I have MS Money For Windows 95 somewhere :D
  • Debt_Free_Chick
    Options
    Yep, you don't need the "now" version. The cheapest version that will run on your PC will be fine. Brilliant budgeting and reporting tools. Far more extensive and robust than anything you could construct in Excel and built-in error-prevention too.
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
  • s71hj
    s71hj Posts: 239 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a quick look at my version for the first time yesterday, but got slightly lost. Can I ask, does it actually interact with your online bank and credit card accounts, and update itself with transaction info, or do you have to feed it all in manually. Also, can it predict what finances will be, based on what interest you are earning etc. If so, I may have to give it a go!
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MS Money '99 still going strong here :)
    Likewise!

Mine was bundled with a Win98 PC from Tiny Computers (remember them first time around?), but it's running under XP on my lap-top these days.

I wouldn't be without it.
  • pounds_and_pensive
    Options
    Mine started out as a month's trial on a magazine coverdisc, and I think I knew inside of a fortnight that I was going to buy it. One of my favourite features is the forecast graph thingy, which you can adjust according to whatever 'what if' scenario you happen to be considering. I've no idea why it appeals to me so much, as in my case it usually translates to the 'look how skint you're going to be next week' view. It was about £52, and has paid for itself over and over in the last seven years.

I wouldn't consider upgrading something that works just great anyway, and am even less likely to after I read somewhere a few months ago that recent versions insist you keep your data online (whatever for?). I don't know how much truth there is in that, but it doesn't sound very secure, and I'm very possessive of my own particular 'skint' view - it's mine, I tell you, MINE! :)
    Eek! Someone's stolen my signature! :eek:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I couldn`t live without mine either. I update it almost daily. I love the way I can immediately see if I need to transfer some money from my savings to current account. Mine is 2004 and I`ll never bother to upgrade

That and egg money manager are an awesome combination
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport