Help! Error code on my Hoover hed6612-80 dishwasher!

Options
Hi all,

Please be gentle as not very technical! Was given the above by a friend (only been used 3 times!)...all plumbed in fline. Did my 1st load on economy (no 2) & I've NEVER seen dishes/glasses so clean!

Tried other programmes--number 4 (1 hour programme) & number 5 (rapid) & I get the pre-light & wash buttons staying on towards the end of the cycle (usually when its about to rinse but not too sure) & the machine just stops. According to the manual this error has a meaning of 'longer inlet time (??!) -possible cause is 'faucets is not opened (??!!)....now as long as the economy works I'm bot fussed but it's bugging me as to what might be causing this. The area I live in has about SIX houses using one stopcock so for example the water pressure is so crap that you can't have a strong flow of hot & cold & another example-if you're using sink & flush loo then loo will take AGES to refill-yet as soon as you turn tap off it's fine! I've lived in this area before & it's a common problem on this street. Likewise if other houses nearby are using water then my water speed/pressure drops.

The machine is on cold feed only by the way (& washing machine works fine). I'm wondering if maybe when water pressure drops if others are say runnung a bath it affects machine??

I'm certainly not going to get an expensive plumber out as so long as the one programme works I'm happy. Any ideas anyone?

Comments

• ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    Options
    yes it sounds like there is a pressure sensor inside the machine.
    not much you can do about that apart from asking your water company to improve its service.
    id certainly be asking them to give all the houses their own stopcock.
    Get some gorm.
  • DEBTMONKEY1A
    DEBTMONKEY1A Posts: 1,496 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Ormus....but what I can't work out is why programme 2 always works fine??
  • DEBTMONKEY1A
    edited 26 March 2010 at 5:22PM
    Options
    Ok...this am at 0900 put it on prog 2 (economy-the one thats worked fine so far) & after 20 mins (when emptying pre-wash water) SAME error came up. Pressed reset & now working fine.

I'm now 100% convinced that it's 'pot luck' as to how water pressure is (ie a gamble knowing if one of the six houses fed from the one stopcock are washing up...running a bath etc...) so will try & run it at times least likely for people to be having showers, etc...say between 10-30 am & midday....and try & avoid weekends.

So I'm now 95% sure its not afault in machine...just crap water pressure! I guess the computerised programme has a certain ammount of time to draw in the water & if not enough is drawn in then the error light comes on?

I'm glad its working as I didn;t fancy washing up 6 days of dishes (!!).

I suppose the only way to increase pressure is to buy a pump or something...don't know if thats possible but guess it'll be dear. I'll keep using it at off-peak times!
  • DEBTMONKEY1A
    edited 26 March 2010 at 6:28PM
    Options
    The plot thickens....got the same thing happening now on economy....once prewash done & main wash water being sucked in...it then STOPPED & the error lights flashed 3 mins or so later. Started prog again-this time the main wash DID work but when it came to the rinse it stopped again....so did a manual 'pre-wash'.....so no dry dishes or rinse aid released.

Now on ANY cycle it starts the 'pre-wash' bit of the cycle ...pumps out...sucks water in then the split second water stops being sucked in it goes dead & a few minutes later flashing warning lights AGAIN! So water is being sucked in/out ok....but what the hell is the problem with it being such a new machine??? Am going to check for kinks, etc & that the food trap is not causing any sort of blockages & turn it off at the wall (at the mo can't reach socket as behind washing machine)...any ideas anyone?

Edit Edit.....stops on economy programme AFTER pre-wash -sucks in water & then just stops. Have to manually put start of 'pre-wash only' cycle on then stop it after a minute or so when water pumped out!
  • Barneysmom
    Barneysmom Posts: 10,123 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Could you try using it on a weekday in the afternoon (or late at night)when most people are at work/in bed and not likely to be running water?
    It does sound like a fault with the machine though.
  • emilyj
    emilyj Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    Did you ever find a solution? I have the exact same problem, and from what else I've found online it is a common problem and nothing to do with water pressure. but no one has a solution.

I have 3 year Parts only guarantee- new PCB costs £88. But I can only get it free if I pay £110 for an engineer..

Just wondered if you sorted it or gave up and bought a new one!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure