Can someone help?

Options
Hi, I bank with Abbey and on 27 October 2009 I became £0.35 overdrawn.

I know this incurs two fees, one of £25 for UNAUTHORISED OVERDRFT/INSTANT OVERDRFT MONTHLY FEE and another of £5 for INSTANT OVERDRAFT REQUEST FEE. Both of these were paid on 26 November 2009.

However after checking my bank statement online I've found that i have been charged again £25 for UNAUTHORISED OVERDRFT/INSTANT OVERDRFT MONTHLY FEE but i haven't been overdrawn since the 35 pence?

The most annoying thing is that this charge has now made me go overdrawn! I'm not really sure what I can do about it and why this has happened so if anyone could advise me I'd be grateful.

Comments

• esmerellda
    esmerellda Posts: 2,237 Forumite
    Options
    Have you contacted the bank ? If you dont get charged a lot then they may be able to reverse one or both charges considering the OD was only 35 pence.

I expect the two lots of £25 are where the unauth overdraft spread over two statement periods.
    LegalBeagles
  • esmerellda
    esmerellda Posts: 2,237 Forumite
    Options
    Also Jenna, we're working on some evidence for the OFT market study into personal banking on how the new charging structures set by banks aren't really making a great deal of difference in the way charges affect people. If you have statement / print out of the transactions which show the 35p and the charges applied because of it, it would be extremely useful to us, can either scan it in and email it to me or post it (you can remove any personally identifying details) - no pressure, but this and any examples of similar occurances would be useful in the fight for a fairer future of banking (lol like I said no pressure). My email is admin@legalbeagles.info or pm me and I'll give you my address.
    LegalBeagles
  • jennakatherine
    Options
    Thanks for that. I have the statement to hand for the 35pence so i will photocopy it and send it too you. But for an update the bank now wants £50 pound from as a result of me being overdrawn from the bank charge they never told me they were going to take. Surely there not allowed to do that? I'm going in there today to sort it all out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure