abbey unauthorizes overdraft fees !!!

Options
Hello there,

this morning i was confused about charges on my account when i checked my abbey online account :mad:

in november i have made a transaction which caused -2.60 in my statement ...today i found that abbey charged me £35 for unauthorized overdraft request fees , and £25 for unauthorized overdraft monthly fees !!!! , why they take £25 if they already charged me for the transaction ??????
anyway, although i felt like i lost this money when i am walking in street (coz it really annoying to take £60 for just £-2.60) :confused:

what gone is gone, but my question is : will they charge me again next month £25 for unauthorized overdraft monthly fees ??? i will never be overdraft again to don't let them charge me any pence again coz they don't deserve to take this money.
what do they mean of unauthorized overdraft MONTHLY FEES ??
please answer my inquiry coz i am really fraid to charge me next month £25 again !
THANK YOU AND HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE :beer:

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    why they take £25 if they already charged me for the transaction ??????

They havent.

Because of the bank charges issue, the banks have mostly moved to a revised charging structure which is considered to be more compliant with what is expected from them (although many people are actually worse off under this method).

In your case, you have incurred a fee as an admin charge to arrange an unauthorised overdraft (£35) and another fee of £25 for using the unauthorised overdraft during that month.
    will they charge me again next month £25 for unauthorized overdraft monthly fees ??

If you go into an unauthorised overdraft then yes. If not, no.

If this was the first time you have incurred charges you should contact the bank and tell them that its the first time it has happened and that £60 for going £2.60 over is harsh and you would like a refund. Most banks will refund on well run accounts when its your first time making this error.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • sugar.lady
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    They havent.

Because of the bank charges issue, the banks have mostly moved to a revised charging structure which is considered to be more compliant with what is expected from them (although many people are actually worse off under this method).

In your case, you have incurred a fee as an admin charge to arrange an unauthorised overdraft (£35) and another fee of £25 for using the unauthorised overdraft during that month.

If you go into an unauthorised overdraft then yes. If not, no.

If this was the first time you have incurred charges you should contact the bank and tell them that its the first time it has happened and that £60 for going £2.60 over is harsh and you would like a refund. Most banks will refund on well run accounts when its your first time making this error.

thank you, i've called the bank and they refund me just the overdraft request fee which is £35
  • esmerellda
    esmerellda Posts: 2,237 Forumite
    Options
    sugar.lady - can you read this http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=28386649&postcount=3 and let me know if you can help :)

Glad you managed to get at least some of that ridiculous charge back, well done.
    LegalBeagles
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport