MONEY MORAL DILEMMA. Should Tyrone & Molly serve picky guests out-of-date food?

MSE_Jenny
MSE_Jenny Posts: 1,312
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
MSE Staff
edited 13 October 2009 at 6:35PM in MoneySaving polls
Here's this week's hypothetical situation for you to cogitate on:
Should Tyrone & Molly serve picky guests out-of-date food?

Tyrone and Molly invite their friends Sally and Kevin round for dinner. As Molly prepares the meal, she spots the frozen pies are two years past their best before date. Molly would normally eat them herself; she knows it’s safe to eat food after this date (see the Supermarket Shopping guide). Yet Sally is quite fussy, and has mentioned that they NEVER eat food past its best before. Should Molly serve out of date food?
Click reply to have your say

Previous MMDs: View All

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• zygurat789
    zygurat789 Posts: 4,263
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    They have friends round to dinner and serve them frozen pies!!!
    The only thing that is constant is change.
  • borders_dude
    borders_dude Posts: 1,974 Forumite
    Serve the manky frozen pies
    When dealing with the CSA its important to note that it is commonly accepted as unfit for purpose, and by default this also means the staff are unfit for purpose.
  • borders_dude
    borders_dude Posts: 1,974 Forumite
    Wait a minute, If i went to a friends who served me a frozen pie id tell them to give me the number for the local chippy
    When dealing with the CSA its important to note that it is commonly accepted as unfit for purpose, and by default this also means the staff are unfit for purpose.
  • Yes, serve away! It won't do them any harm, it's not going to effect them so go for it.

Just make sure she hides the box - otherwise no one will be coming for dinner again anytime soon!
  • I don't know but all this fuss about frozen pies, what do you want caviar:mad:
    Boris Johnson voted against Brexit in the Commons, all to become leader of the Conservative Party. Fall for it and you deserve everything you get.
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I don't think they should. What if these particular pies hadn't held well and it made them ill, maybe they are more sensitive to such illness or Sally is pregnant :D
  • scotsbob
    scotsbob Posts: 4,632 Forumite
    Two years out of date.

No one should be eating them, not even the dog.
  • pinkkaz
    pinkkaz Posts: 538 Forumite
    zygurat789 wrote: »
    They have friends round to dinner and serve them frozen pies!!!

Brilliant!:rotfl:
  • Perhaps Molly can't tell the difference but Sally can. If they are friends it is hardly worth risking friendship fo the sake of a pie that Molly herself can eat anyway. If they are good friends then why are they serving them frozen pies?
  • eagle_eye wrote: »
    If they are good friends then why are they serving them frozen pies?

Well, if you're good friends, you tend to be relaxed and comfortable with eachother. I made my friend a cheese toastie recently...

However, I do agree with the first part of your post, where you said that just because Molly can't tell the difference, Sally can and it's not worth upsetting a long term friend.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure