Making Cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (Part 3)

Options

Comments

• JailhouseBabe
    JailhouseBabe Posts: 1,590 Forumite
    Options
    Just a quickie as I'm supposed to be revising for an exam tomorrow morning. :o

Good to see you back pinkladymel, polly1976 and myzdamena. :)
    Flourgirl - hope you get lovely weather in Wales.
    rainmac - glad your weekend went so well; I hope you've been taking it easy this week!
    melissa - hope Elliot is behaving himself :p
    gemma - sorry to hear about your parents' cat (hugs).

Sorry haven't time for a full catch-up; I wanted to get my entry for the stitching challenge in, so I've just added it to my blog. As you can see, I've taken the easy (and less time-consuming) option of faux stitches! :p
    some people grin and bear it, others smile and do it :)
  • JailhouseBabe
    JailhouseBabe Posts: 1,590 Forumite
    Options
    ali.b.123 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering the DoCrafts magazine - is it subscription only - been everywhere trying to get my hands(Hobbycraft, Smiths, Border etc) on it but no one seems to stock it???

ali - they stock it in The Range. It's also available online (probably at the docrafts website?). I'm sure some1 can find you a link x
    some people grin and bear it, others smile and do it :)
  • craftygranny
    craftygranny Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    Options
    ali the docrafts mag isn't available on subscription but you can usually get it from craft shops that stock docrafts products like the range or it is available on line from various places but postage is steep unless you are buying other things .
    Cross Stitch Challenge Member Number 20

New challenge finish birth sampler by end of the month
    No matter how much life knocks you down, it's your ability to get back up, brush yourself off and face your next set of challenges that makes you stronger
  • saveapenny
    saveapenny Posts: 6,773 Forumite
    Options
    Lovely card Polly, I love that sketch ,,,I might just have to do a couple of cards using that one
    If you look anything like your passport photo....Your too ill to travel
  • Myzdamena
    Myzdamena Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    Options
    polly1976 wrote: »
    Ive made another Christmas card today what do ya think? http://paula-pollys.blogspot.com/

So gorgeous

xxxxx
    :j A-well-a bird, bird, bird...b-bird's the word :j
  • Myzdamena
    Options
    THE-WIFE wrote: »

Try Liz at Making a Lasting Empression here

It seems she only has petite scalloped circles there not the large..does that make a difference? Don't want to waste money getting something that's 2cm wide or something hehe
  • paddingtondoo
    paddingtondoo Posts: 3,392 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ali.b.123 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering the DoCrafts magazine - is it subscription only - been everywhere trying to get my hands(Hobbycraft, Smiths, Border etc) on it but no one seems to stock it???

The Gliiter pot have it for mail order like there's anything much they don't have :rotfl::rotfl:.

P&P for that would be £1 far cheaper than a trip to The Range in my experience ;)
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • Myzdamena
    Options
    Loadsa Nestie circles

lol... anyone else think the price on these will rocket in the next day?..... I was bidding on something the other day and put in £11 and was winning and at the last minute I was outbid.. with £36 .. ok so I am a cheapskate but it means sometimes when i don't get outbid I get mega bargains

...like my huge box of watercolour and acrylic paints for £11 from months ago... I still have to work out what to do with them all lol
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Options
    Craftygranny I posted your thingy on Monday at the same time as Rainmacs and a parcel for Mary op. and they got theirs next day. Barnsley postal service is rubbish I paid for 1st class lol
  • mary-op
    mary-op Posts: 3,605 Forumite
    Options
    polly - what a brilliant card :T

jailhouse - really super card -(what's faux stitching ?:confused:)

flourgirl - thanks for all the links................I found some seed packet templates on one (bit like the way I've done my tea bag holders) and now I'm going to do some seed packets for foster daughter. She's got a lovely cottage garden and brought me some seeds round in an old envelope. Said she's going to start collecting seeds from her garden -so............must get some pretty paper and do a few packets for her :rotfl:(something else on my 'to do' list.................lol)
    I would be unstoppable if only I could get started !

(previously known as mary43)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport