Cheapest Modern Warfare 2

MSE_Jenny
MSE_Jenny Posts: 1,312 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 11 November 2009 at 12:11AM in It's gone, but was it any good?
[IMGRIGHT]http://images.moneysavingexpert.com/images/call124.jpg[/IMGRIGHT][title=http://images2.moneysavingexpert.com/images/dp/wtd_underline.gif]wtd_icon.gif What's this about?[/title]
The newly released Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is being sold for £45 at the likes of Dixons and PC World. Yet it’s possible to smash this price down to £26, if you know where to look.

This is a rundown of all the current top deals on Modern Warfare 2, in-store and online. (All deals are valid for both Xbox and PS3).

Do bear in mind this is a violent, 18 certificate game, so is suitable as a Christmas present for adults, not a stocking filler for kids.

[title=http://images2.moneysavingexpert.com/images/dp/wtd_underline.gif]wtd_icon.gif Cheapest In-Store
[/title]
  • £25.99 at Morrisons. Morrisons is doing it for £25.99, until stocks last. This was not as well publicised as the Sainbury’s deal, so has better availability. For stockists call 0845 611 6111.
  • £26 at Sainsbury's. Sainsbury’s is selling it in-store for £26, until stocks last. However, this was heavily marketed on the telly, so stocks are looking bare. It’s worth calling and checking. If you find a Sainsbury’s with lots in stock, please post below to let others know.
  • £32 at Asda. Asda has the game for £32 in-store.
  • £20 at Makro, if you're a member. If you’re a member of cash ‘n’ carry Makro, it’s doing the game for £20 (inc VAT). The press office has confirmed that you don’t need a voucher, but numbers are running very low – see stock levels. (To become a member, you need to have a business and register it with Makro. New members need to allow 24 hours for registrations to be processed so if you’re not a member, it’s unlikely you can join before stocks run out).
  • £25 at Tesco, when you buy another chart game. Tesco is reducing Modern Warfare 2 to £25, if you buy another top 20 Xbox or PS3 title at the same time. Tesco’s chart games can be pricier than others so do compare prices online, to check it's a good deal.
[title=http://images2.moneysavingexpert.com/images/dp/wtd_underline.gif]wtd_icon.gif Cheapest Online
[/title]
  • £32 Amazon. Amazon* is selling the game for £32, with free postage.
  • £30 Sainsbury's online. Sainsbury's is doing it online for £26, with £3.99 postage. The offer is currently out of stock, but it's worth checking every now and then to see if it's back in.
* Using these links helps the site stay ad-free and free to use, as they’re ‘affiliated links’ which invisibly take you via price comparison services like Moneysupermarket or affiliate sites, this then means if you end up getting a product this site gets revenue

You shouldn’t notice any difference, the links don’t impact the product at all and the editorial line (the things we write) is NEVER impacted by the revenue. If it isn’t possible to get an affiliate link for the best product, its still listed in the same way. The following link lasenza.co.uk is an identical unaffiliated link provided for the sake of transparency. Click on the following link for more details on how this site's financed.

[signupbox]test[/signupbox]

[thanks]Thanks to Jakejakejake for the top spot, this post has been added to give a full explanation[/thanks]

Comments

• When is it released?? This is top of my DH Christmas list!
    Member of Thrifty Gifty ~ Making money for Christmas 2010:
    £2 Savers club member no 40 ~ £54
    Amazon Vouchers BingoPort ~ £10
    Dooyoo Challenge Jan ~ £24.07 / £20.00 Yippee over target :j
  • Jakejakejake
    Jakejakejake Posts: 6,324 Forumite
    edited 7 November 2009 at 3:45PM
    When is it released??

[STRIKE]Think its monday[/STRIKE] Ignore that, Amazon says the 10th - so Tuesday ;)
  • mandy130
    mandy130 Posts: 830 Forumite
    Tuesday the 10th...am counting the hours!!!
    New Year's Resolution: To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time!
  • Can you preorder at this price from sainsburys
  • Jakejakejake
    Jakejakejake Posts: 6,324 Forumite
    nje24 wrote: »
    Can you preorder at this price from sainsburys
    I think its down to the specific store on whether they will reserve or not - definately worth a try!
  • kjmtidea
    kjmtidea Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    My other half just phoned the Talbot Woods store in Bournemouth and they wouldn't confirm the price or let him reserve one, she said to just come down early on the day! Fingers crossed it is this price.
    Slimming World - 3 stone 8 1/2lbs in 7 months and now at target :j
  • ChezAllen
    ChezAllen Posts: 174 Forumite
    Thanks OP, i really hope this is available online, as i am too scared to ask my father in law to go to Sainbury's again after the toy sale !!
  • misswissy
    misswissy Posts: 264 Forumite
    Anyone know if there might be a midnight release?
  • luvvlyjubbly
    luvvlyjubbly Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    Are you talking for the xbox 360....or which format?
    Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid doing altogether.:D
  • Are you talking for the xbox 360....or which format?

Judging by HotUKDeals, it'll be 360 and PS3
    Me, I choose not to make a choice......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family