Electric Central Heating

Options
dixi_3
dixi_3 Posts: 5 Forumite
Any advice please? My daughter has her eye on buying (first time) a flat, which looks to have been 'done up' for a profit. it looks very neat and is probably fine (subject to survey). the question is: It has installed new electric central heating... my instinict is that this is going to be expensive to run? does anybody have any experience with this?

any advice gratefully received

regards
FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Lesson learned - I'm never going here again[/FONT] :D[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I posted this link on another thread:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/main.jhtml?xml=/property/2005/10/12/pjeff12.xml&sSheet=/property/2005/10/12/ixpright12.html

Well designed modern storage heating is much better than it used to be.

Although not as 'user friendly' as conventional Gas systems, and slightly more expensive to run, it doesn't require the expensive safety and servicing contracts of gas. On a small flat this can be a large proportion of the annual spend.

Obviously she will need to be on Economy 7(or one of the tariffs that allow a daytime top up.) and get used to using cheap rate electricity where possiple - washing machines etc on timers.

The pricing tariffs for Economy 7 vary widely and she should look very closely at all the companies to get the best deal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure