We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Forex Trading

Options
Hi,
I'm new to the forums and i have a question about foreign exchange trading (Forex Trading), where you buy and sell currencies.
I have done some research on it on the internet and i know there is risk involved,but has anyone tried it, or are there any recommendations do's and don'ts etc.

Ok there's one more question on this subject and thats to do with forex trading robots.There are several on the internet but one product gets more mention than the rest and thats a product called FapTurbo.

Ta very much

Jinx

Comments

• byebyedebt
    byebyedebt Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Never heard of FapTurbo.

Forex trading is risky if fdone on margin. You really can lose more than your original investment. Always use a stop loss.
  • Grantmk_2
    Grantmk_2 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Have a look on the forums on trade2win.com
    Fapturbo doesn't tend to get good reviews.
  • influence
    influence Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    How about saxobank? seems to be fairly established. Anyone with experience?
  • Jinx46
    Jinx46 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Thanks for the replies :)
  • justpaper
    justpaper Posts: 856 Forumite
    edited 19 May 2009 at 9:17PM
    Options
    I've done the forex ring made money lost money, ive done it for about 2 years part time,. I stopped a 5 weeks back but thats down to work load .....havnt got time for it,

If your going to do it look into ECN brokers ( i used mb trading) dont touch market makers Saxo bank is a market maker, Read my post here > http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1101143&highlight= there is a upload of my chart on some of my trades,

this is the best picture to explain ECN and STP (market makers) http://www.100forexbrokers.com/stp-ecn-brokers

if your looking to start with 5k or more you'll get to sign upto the bigger ECN brokers, like Baxter FX i think thats 25k starters but they may do something on a 5k account,

MB trading is the close to ECN for smaller accounts £500 etc but they do have high commission

With Ecn brokers you will get proper systems it is hard to learn to the platform market makers have easyer platform in order to draw people in,

I wouldnt use fapturbo or some robot trader like that because u could come back and loose all your money, i know people that do this kinda stuff and make alot of money but then also make bad trades to, it depends if u got the money to burn, MT4 is not my thing tho, as not alot of ECN let u use it,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport