Barclays Reserve: what happens if you opt out?

Options
I have never banked with Barclays and I dread to say these words but this may have been asked before :p
If you OPT OUT of the reserve and you exceed your overdraft limit, or have items returned, how much do you get charged? I have tried the usual approach of reading through the charges section plus the FAQ's about the reserve but I don't know the answer.
Over to you guys......I am sure you will know :D
I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.

Comments

• Extant
    Extant Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Options
    We send thugs around to break your legs.

You get charged £8 per transaction for returned/unpaid items, and £8 for any guaranteed items (cheques, floor limit card purchases).
    What would William Shatner do?
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    I have never banked with Barclays and I dread to say these words but this may have been asked before :p
    If you OPT OUT of the reserve and you exceed your overdraft limit, or have items returned, how much do you get charged? I have tried the usual approach of reading through the charges section plus the FAQ's about the reserve but I don't know the answer.
    Over to you guys......I am sure you will know :D

Hi Nattie, glad to see you're still with us...... have you deserted CAG in favour of MSE now then? Have you soerted a job yet, go join Halifax - at least you could say you've had experience of being on TV (lol just kidding mate :p)
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • natweststaffmember
    Options
    Hi Nattie, glad to see you're still with us...... have you deserted CAG in favour of MSE now then?
    I am more on Legal Beagles than CAG but mostly in the Reclaims boards on MSE.
    Have you soerted a job yet, go join Halifax - at least you could say you've had experience of being on TV (lol just kidding mate :p)
    ROFL, at the Halifax thing.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills