🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

TFT Monitors

Options
I am looking in earnest for a good, high specs value-for-money 17" TFT monitor. The family will be using it for games, so a good refresh rate is essential. I would appreciate it very much if you could recommend one to consider.

Comments

• aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry I can't be of any help re: your query, but you'd be better off asking in the 'I wanna' board.

You'll probably get more help there as this board is really for people to advertise existing deals. :-/
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • keepthereceipt
    Options
    I'd check out Aria - they have some stonking deals on TFT's of all sizes at the moment.

https://www.aria.co.uk
  • Niggy_2
    Niggy_2 Posts: 255 Forumite
    Options
    Checkout

Aria

or

Microdirect

Both have some bargain 14/16ms 17" TFT's - I have Aria's premiumplus which I am very pleased with
  • Going_Digital
    Options
    Don't bother with MicroDirect.

I have one of their 17" TFT's and it is faulty, trying to get them to sort it out is like having a hole in your head. I fear I may have to ask my card issuer to do a charge-back.
  • demonwing
    Options
    Hiya!

https://www.aria.co.uk are selling a 17 inch TFT for £132 the product code is MON-TFT-A-V17S . This may be a deal just for today though. They have very reliable own brands, also they have a dell for about £182.

I've ordered quite a bit of stuff from them, never any problems and amazingly they have actual phone numbers on their site for customer support rather than useles email-only which makes chasing up a returned product a nightmare!!

Hope that helps.

Andy
  • lenny6582
    Options
    The 17" monitor in question is here:

http://www.aria.co.uk/productinfocomm.asp?ID=10271&SpecialStatus=1

Its been on the last couple of days. I ordered one for a guy in our office on Thursday and it was delivered Friday morning! The screen had very good colour definition and response time is 16ms (there is another one with a 14ms for a bit more). I havent tried it with any games though.

This page has a load of other monitors on:

http://www.aria.co.uk/DealForToday.asp

Hope it helps you! ;D
  • Niggy_2
    Niggy_2 Posts: 255 Forumite
    Options
    I've got one of the 16ms ones and games look great on it - only played Call of Duty and FarCry so far and they look superb - no ghosting that I can see.

Actually I don't know how I managed on my little CRT :D

Its a top monitor for the money, maybe not the best aesthetically but it certainly looks better in the flesh than it does in the pic in the link above.
  • lofty_2
    lofty_2 Posts: 423 Forumite
    Options
    Aria have some for £135 inc vat, dunno what their like but it seems a great deal!
    Nice to Save. To save it's ____
  • madwin
    Options
    I wouldn't be too concerned about the refresh rate of a TFT monitor. It's nowhere near as important as it is on a CRT because they don't flicker in the same way. In fact you're more likely to get a crisper image at lower refresh rates like 60 / 65Hz.

It's unlikely that your PC will be able to generate the latest 3D games at more than 35 frames per second (35Hz) anyway, and if it did, it wouldn't be very noticeable - DVDs only run at around 30 frames per second!
  • shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My hubby has got the monitor that lenny has added a link for,so have 2 of his work colleagues.They are very nice looking and had no dead pixels.Well worth the money.

;D ;D ;D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family