Jamie (Oliver) at Home

Options
Hi Everyone. Just wondered whether anybody has heard about the new Party that is coming to town………………??? Just started working for a new soon to be launched company ‘Jamie (Oliver) at Home’ (JME) selling his exclusive home ware and cooking type products.
I thought that it might be a good idea to start a thread with hints and tips for any new consultants.
JME is due to launch on the 23rd March.
Some info on how it works for anyone who may want to supplement their income.
Contact a local area manager who will explain in more detail and be able to get you started.
You will need to buy your starter kit, which is basically your sample’s this costs £100 and is worth over £400. You will also need public liability insurance, which is £15.
Your manager will give you some training and help you organise your first few parties and give you publicity info etc.
You earn your money by making commission, which is 20% this is paid directly into your account twice a month.
Unlike other party companies you don’t have to buy a hostess gift as they make 15% commission in points on everything that is sold at their party which can then be redeemed to buy whatever they like from the range. The goods ordered at the party are posted directly to the hostess (free delivery) for them to give out.
I’m a manager in the Merseyside area so not sure how it’s going to be in other areas?
Anyway its always good to be in at the beginning and what I’ve seen of the products seem really good quality and I can’t wait to start my first parties, I’ve already got 10 booked in! :beer: So if anyone else wants to share any fab tips please reply below.

Comments

• DFWJane
    DFWJane Posts: 219 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Jamie but find most of his stuff is very expensive. It's even £15 for some handwash and I don't know who can afford that in these times.
    otherwise I'd probably give it a go.
    :j July '08 wins: £20 Foster Grant sunglasses...Lazy Town DVD...NScessity ActivSkins Kids Sun/swim set...Paddington Bear DVD

Nov '09 wins: John Smith's Darts Shirt
  • pink_princess
    pink_princess Posts: 13,581 Forumite
    Options
    Why do you need to pay them first,he has a contract with sainsburys selling his range.
    Life is short, smile while you still have teeth :D
  • Nikisix
    Options
    This will be a completely new range with prices starting from approximatley £2.00 not available in any other shops or stores online. The products look fab and are not just top end stuff.
  • Aurelia_2
    Options
    Not available online? What about the JME collection available on the JME online store? http://www.jamieoliver.com/jme/index.html

I can't see anything on there about doing it as a party planner though so if you have a link for any information on that it would be good. Strange that they don't mention it on the JME site though.
    £2 Savers Club no.91 = ?? (unknown until full and counted)
    Review writing = £3.60 + $25.00
    Myhpf = £4.45
    STP = £1.82 v10.04
  • geordie_joe
    Options
    Nikisix wrote: »
    Hi Everyone. Just wondered whether anybody has heard about the new Party that is coming to town………………???

Where did you hear about it?
    Just started working for a new soon to be launched company

So, you don't have much in the way of experience of it then.
    Contact a local area manager who will explain in more detail and be able to get you started.

How can we do that, we've never heard of it and don't know how to contact our local manager, if we have one!
    You will need to buy your starter kit,

Thought so!
    which is basically your sample’s this costs £100 and is worth over £400.

To whom is it worth £400? And why is it worth £400?
    Your manager will give you some training

Won't be much if he's just started and hasn't had any experience himself yet.
  • Maz
    Maz Posts: 1,405 Forumite
    Options
    Methinks that rather than JME most folk will be hitting the MSE boards tbqh.......
    'The only thing that helps me keep my slender grip on reality is the friendship I have with my collection of singing potatoes'

Sleepy J.
  • davegillard
    Options
    Great, as if there isnt enough of these MLM rip off companies.

Cant believe he'd link himself with something like this, but, hey.

Personally, wouldn't touch it!
  • DFWJane
    DFWJane Posts: 219 Forumite
    Options
    Great, as if there isnt enough of these MLM rip off companies.

Cant believe he'd link himself with something like this, but, hey.

Personally, wouldn't touch it!

Richard Branson did!

Although I did think Jamie was more about the food than the merchandise, just goes to show.
    :j July '08 wins: £20 Foster Grant sunglasses...Lazy Town DVD...NScessity ActivSkins Kids Sun/swim set...Paddington Bear DVD

Nov '09 wins: John Smith's Darts Shirt
  • symesd
    symesd Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    :confused: I'm confused, is this a genuine JME employment opportunity or just a rogue rip off company set up in his name or just a scam ..... or all three
    Debt £34,800 - Dec 2012
    Debt £12,500 (Dec 2015)
    Current Debt £6,435 (Nov 2017)
  • pink_princess
    pink_princess Posts: 13,581 Forumite
    Options
    Hi symesd ,searches bring up no knowledge of this .
    They clearly sell on line and in sainsburys so that discounts that part of the op.
    I would personally stay clear but if you are interested in this as a money making opportunity then contact the proper company on line.E-mail them direct.The post above with the link takes you straight to the legitimate site.
    That way you can be sure it s not the rip off i think it is.
    HTH
    PP
    Life is short, smile while you still have teeth :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills