Cheap Cross Channel Ferry Found

Options
Hi All,

First post on here so here we go!

I was checking out the SAGA website today and found a link to 50% off P&O Ferries. If you are going across anyway and are looking for the cheapest, maybe this is it?

http://www.sagaholidays.co.uk/driveline/

Cheers

WebChimp

Comments

• tootles_2
    tootles_2 Posts: 1,143 Forumite
    Options
    Cheapest croosing is with speedferries £50 return for a car and passenegers. Cars and small vans only though, they have a website:

https://www.speedferries.co.uk

Living in the sunny? Midlands, where the pork pies come from:

saving for a trip to Florida and NYC Spring 2008

Total so far £14.00!!
  • devon-gnome
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks for posting this useful info but you've spelt the link incorrectly. It should be ferries, not ferreis.
  • webchimp2005
    Options
    Thanks Tootles, wasn't aware of their existence

However.....

The crossing I found over Le mans Weekend 15 june - 19 june was £35 return car plus passenegers with P & ). Pretty outstanding I'd say. Have booked!

I think this is pretty good.

Rgds

webchimp
  • jaymac_2
    jaymac_2 Posts: 1,740 Forumite
    Options
    Wouldn't you know I booked mine through the Caravan club just yesterday - £124 return but only £70 with Saga car and caravan. Maybe we should go twice!
  • Wig
    Wig Posts: 14,139 Forumite
    Options
    Depends what your route is.

I found that Condor Ferries have beaten Brittany Ferries by loads over the last 6 or so years, but last year Brittany Ferries had a few prices which came close to Condor. The Brittany fare finding procedure is a Royal pain in the !!!!!!. And if you go twice a year the Condor membership will be worth your while. Also Brittany has 5 day or 10 day returns and then Standard returns, whilst Condor has one day returns any thing more than one day you can stay as long as you like, so you don't have to work your holiday dates inside the 5day or 10day limits, which is really useful when you want to go for 11 - 12 days.

Add to that that Condor fast ferry (same prices) is about 5 1/2 hours compared to 8hours on Brittany. And if you put yourself through the (not so enjoyable) roll off/wait a few hours/roll on at Guernsey you can atleast if you time it right - fill your petrol tank up @ 50p per litre.

Whilst half price P&O is undoubtedly good, they would have to sail to Cherbourg or Le Havre for me to be interested, and even then I would have to weigh them up against the Condor convienience and factor in the extra 2 hours driving and 30 quid more petrol.

But I'll take a look and see how much it is, It will have to be really cheap to beat Condor with an extra 20%off for members.................Edit: I see it is for Dover to Calais only. :(
  • saveapenny
    saveapenny Posts: 6,773 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.aferry.to/ a good site found by sloppychops
    If you look anything like your passport photo....Your too ill to travel
  • bizzy_lizzie
    Options
    We always use Norfolkline. Really good prices all year round. £44 for a 5 day return for a family of 4 plus car last time we went. Take a picnic though as the onboard meals are expensive & not brilliant.
    Building an emergency fund and starting on the mortgage!
  • comperking
    Options
    COMPERKING

Absenthe makes the heart grow fonder!

:A :A :A :A :A :A :A
  • shown73
    shown73 Posts: 1,268 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Who said that Norfolkline food is not so good? This is the only time that I'm allowed a proper truckers breakfast, sausage, egg, beans, hash browns, bacon, fried bread, etc etc. Soul food, fit for a God, long may it continue!
  • paul.jacobs
    Options
    was just about to book a ferry , and your post saved me nearly £20 compared to speedferries price , only £35 return with my choice of times

cheers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport