WARNING - DRL -BOOTS KITCHEN APPLIANCES -think carefully before buying

Options
I bought a washing machine from Boots KItchen Appliances (who are run by a company called DRL) on October 7th for delivery on Oct 11th. DRL rang on Oct 9th to say it would not be delivered as it was out of stock. Their terms and conditions suggest they are in breach of contract for taking my money when it wasn't in stock. I cancelled order on Oct 10th and am still awaiting refund- they say it was returned to my account on Oct 13th. Only £4.99 delivery was returned.
My bank says I have to wait 30 days before they can investigate for fraud or dispute.
I am out of pocket by over £300 and have wasted a fortune on phone calls.
I have written to MD of Boots but haave not had a reply yet.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Comments

• rippedoff3
    Options
    what happened?

I am having similar issues, website showing item in stock, i ordered and now they say out of stock and will be over a month before delivery, though they are holding my £200!

Not impressed with them so far...
  • aardvark65
    Options
    Hi I am having customer service problems with the main Boots.com. Ordered a Lumie "dawn simulator" alarm and it came without a power lead. I want the product and kept it, using a power lead off something else. However I thought "Customer Care" would simply apologise and send a lead. How wrong can you be? Instead they are just ignoring my letters/ emails. Would like to know if you hear from MD - probably my next step!!:mad:
  • christann
    Options
    I too have had problems with Boots kitchen Appliances (DRL). When I ordered my appliances I told them that I did not want delivery for 6 weeks as this was when my new kitchen was expected. I was told there was no problem except that I would have to keep putting it on a 2 week back order when I was contacted to arrange delivery. This sounded OK so I paid in full. 2 weeks later I was contacted about the delivery so I told them to put it on a 2 week back order as instructed. I was told that the order had been dispatched and I would have to pay another £19.99 to have it redelivered. I had no option but to agree. When I phoned Boots to complain I was told that I should have phoned 48 hours prior to delivery - not what I was initially told. To avoid having to pay delivery for a third time I suffered an unconnected dishwasher and electric oven in my already cramped house. I would think twice before ordering from Boots appliances again.
  • woolleyone
    Options
    Can I add to this list of rubbish customer service, House of Fraser - they take your order and money - via a cheaper phone line I might add, and then when they don't deliver, change their delivery terms and conditions and you try and talk to someone to sort it - good luck, their customer service line is an 0870 number - and you just can't get anyone to call you back. I've spent over 20 quid just trying to find out what's happening to my fridge/freezer.

Also a big warning to those buying an american style fridge/freezer the delivery (once you've bought the product) will only lift the appliance up four steps - any more and you're on your own - there is absolutely no mention of this restriction on HOF website in their terms and conditions!

I think HOF are also part of DRL - they're terrible to deal with.
  • gimfunk
    gimfunk Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    DRL is the Trader for

House of Frazer,
    Boots,
    Sainsbury's,
    Next,
    Debhenhams

and many more!

There website will say the item is in stock. Formally they would've rang you and asked if you would like to wait for the item, they will then take payment! otherwise they will cancel your order and off you go.

But due to recent "system update" the payment is taken before you get the above phone call, making you less likely to cancel, as it takes at the least 4 working days to get a refund.

This "system update" has made them thousands of pounds over 50% more people keep their order rather than cancel and wait. Basically its a sucker punch to those (many) of us that dont have 1000's lying around to purchase a new one whilst we wait for the refund.
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I appreciate folks have genuine problems with them and these need addressing but I did when I order in October for a fridge freezer and it arrived on date actually at came 7am in morning
  • gimfunk
    gimfunk Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    I just dont like underhanded tactics, id point out probably 80/90% of customers get the automated 1st class service. And everything goes fine. But the other 10/20% get bad service.
  • islaymac
    Options
    babs57 wrote: »
    I bought a washing machine from Boots KItchen Appliances (who are run by a company called DRL) on October 7th for delivery on Oct 11th. DRL rang on Oct 9th to say it would not be delivered as it was out of stock. Their terms and conditions suggest they are in breach of contract for taking my money when it wasn't in stock. I cancelled order on Oct 10th and am still awaiting refund- they say it was returned to my account on Oct 13th. Only £4.99 delivery was returned.
    My bank says I have to wait 30 days before they can investigate for fraud or dispute.
    I am out of pocket by over £300 and have wasted a fortune on phone calls.
    I have written to MD of Boots but haave not had a reply yet.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

I am suffering a similar problem, after purchasing a Marks and Spencer fridge freezer on 3rd June '09 through DRL. This was not delivered when promised so had to be cancelled due to the fitter being unavailable at a later date. I was assured by DRL that this would not be a problem and have since bought a washing machine and dishwasher from them, which arrived on the due date, whilst my plumber was available. I now discover that although the new purchases have been charged to my M&S card there has been no refund for the fridge freezer so I have been £346.00 out of pocket for 11 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure