Wi-Fi Internet Problem

Options
Hi

Reently I've been having alot of problems with my internet on my laptop. We've got a netgear wirless router and I'm on an Acer 3003WLMi laptop.

I can connect to the internet fine for about an hour, then for no apparant reason the browser stops working. I'm using Opera, but when I try mozilla or IE the same thing happens. I says it can't find any pages.

My flatmate has the exact same laptop and he has no problems at all. I've got AVG, Spybot and Adaware and I update and run them regurlarly. SO I don't think I have a virus or spyware on my computer.

I recently loaded Limewire (peer to peer), and the problems have only started since then. But again my flatmate has that loaded on his and theres no problems.

The strange thing is both msn and limewire still work, and my computer says i have an excellent connection to the wireless network.

Any advise, please?

Comments

• John_Gray
    John_Gray Posts: 5,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I found problems with Limeware on a friend's Dell Dimension PC, which went away when it was removed. Can't say any more than that!

John
  • tryingtosave_3
    Options
    It might just be an odd software conflict or something. Frankly, unless Limewire is really important to you, I'd suggest just removing it and, assuming things go back to normal, just chalking it up to experience and moving on.

Otherwise, you could waste hours trying to sort it out ... which is, admittedly probably what I'd do (and regret it).

In any case, it's probably worth removing Limewire just to see if that solves it - at least that way you've isolated the problem. If it is Limewire, it's probably worth googling something like "limewire software conflicts" and see if anything pops up.

If nothing comes up, see if you have got anything "unusual" running (i.e. not from a major company) try adding that software's name in the google search as well.

Good luck ...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport