Post Office Loophole - £143 Cashback for as little as £15 spend

Options
Well done to everyone who has managed to cash there letter for the £100 successfully. Success of these are coming through as of November.
Make sure you recieve your cashback from CashbackKings as well for £43.

NOW EXPIRED
If you made your application before 11:30 7th August you WILL be entitled to this cashback. All other applications will be covered by the new terms and conditions.

I've just noticed that the Post Office are offering £100 cashback after new customers take out a premium and make atleast 3 monthly payments. Cover starts from as little as £5 a month.
Plus if you purchase this life assurance via a cashback site, such as CashbackKings, you'll get an extra £43 on top!
Terms and Conditions
<H2>Life insurance £100 cashback offer</H2>
  1. Only one £100 cashback offer per policy eg. joint policies will receive £100
  2. Only one £100 cashback offer per customer, which must be redeemed for cash at a Post Office® branch within 3 months of receipt
  3. Letter to redeem £100 cash will be sent to you within 28 days of payment of your 3rd monthly premium
  4. We reserve the right to withdraw the offer without notice at any time
  5. Offer ends 15 August 2008, all completed applications must be submitted by this date
  6. All information correct as of 28 July 2008
Link to offer here: http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/jump1?catId=19300223&mediaId=61000695
Link to cashbackkings cashback here: http://www.cashbackkings.com/post-office/bargains/m2651

This offer also works out as having over 2 years free life insurance for anyone who is considering keeping the cover
Quick - this offer ends on the 15th August!

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
Mortgage as Sept 2012: £96,000
Mortgage free: When i'm 39 / Sept 2023

Mortgage repayment = £588
Tracker Rate 1.99% above base: 2.49%

Comments

• Sid_Harper
    Sid_Harper Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Options
    and they have term assurance you can get out of after 3 months? wow! same offer via QuidCo by the way
    The thanks button is here to the right. If you find a post saves you money, gives you useful information, or you agree with it, take a second to thank the poster! :)
    >>>
  • james10999
    james10999 Posts: 447 Forumite
    Options
    Sid_Harper wrote: »
    and they have term assurance you can get out of after 3 months? wow! same offer via QuidCo by the way

Yep you just cancel the direct debit as there is no obligation to keep paying the payments - your cover just stops.
    Mortgage as Sept 2012: £96,000
    Mortgage free: When i'm 39 / Sept 2023

Mortgage repayment = £588
    Tracker Rate 1.99% above base: 2.49%
  • Princess_Coupon
    Options
    So can I take the cover make 3/4 monthly payments of £5 or so get my £43 Quidco and £100 from Post office then cancel the policy? so about £20 in payments and £143 in cashback = £123 profit
    Is this correct or is there a catch?:rotfl:
    AKA: PC

Rest in Peace Fred the Maddest Muppet in Heaven :heart:
  • Dough_Monster
    Options
    Was just about to ask the same.
    Apart from the fact that they "reserve the right to withdraw the offer without notice at any time" - but surely if they did that it would cause an uproar.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    Looks intresting !
  • freebiequeen84
    Options
    so is this worth taking up then?
    I don't believe in doing things the easy way..... :)
  • mateus
    mateus Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Surely even if you don't get the £100 - quidco etc is £43, less 3 payments of £5 still leaves £28 profit!

Worth a punt.....

Won't be there long.........:beer:
  • freebiequeen84
    Options
    have decided to have a go anyway - what is the worst that can happen?
    I don't believe in doing things the easy way..... :)
  • Princess_Coupon
    Options
    you can choose your own premium ie specify £5 so worst case is you could pay for a few months and not get your £100 but still get the £43 and still make a few quid and if it didn't track you can cancel policy in 1st 30 days and get back your premium.
    I think when they say they can withdraw offer it means before the 15th of Aug which is when they state offer ends. Prob only want to give say 3,000 promotional policies and if 3,000 sign up before 15th they will end early.
    AKA: PC

Rest in Peace Fred the Maddest Muppet in Heaven :heart:
  • TowcesterWolf
    Options
    Worry's me that fact they can withdraw at anytime!!

Also for my current life insurance i had to have a medical, if this is the case i very much doubt it'll be as cheap as £5 per month
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure