Budget Weekly Meal Planner

Is there such a thing on this site as a budget meal planner of the weeks meals and recipes for making each meal from scratch? I've looked but I can't see one.

If not does anyone know where I could find one on the net?

Thanks
2008 Comping Challenge
Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
Debt free since Oct 2004

Comments

• Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    I would think you could have a lot of fun constructing your own, using recipes off the main recipe threads on this board. After all, only you know what foods you particularly like or dislike, how many you are cooking for, how much preparation time you have, etc.

You could copy and paste all the recipes that appeal to you into Word, then arrange them into your own format, print off and keep in a ring binder or one of those wallets with plastic inserts.

I might do the same myself actually - it would be fun.
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Right... we have a menu planner spreadsheet which you can download from the bottom of the page in the link below:-

Monthly Menu Planner

You'll need to decide on your own recipes and input them into this if you'd like to know the meal costs and to be handed a prepared shopping list.

As for recipes themselves, we have two Indexed Collections:- the Old Style Recipe Collection and the Slow Cooker Recipe Collection (see below) and we also have a number of other recipes in the Cooking section of the MEGA Index sticky at the top of thre forum listing.

There's also a printable menu planner form available from

http://organizedhome.com/printable.html

You can find the two collections in our "Indexed Collections" sticky at the top of the forum listing, or you can follow the clue in my signature any time you see it or...

..you can use the Indexed Collections link in the Blue Bar at the top of every page which looks something like this:-

pagetop.gif
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • And if you have a prob with the planner, my humble self is at your service....
    "Don't cry, Don't Raise your Eye
    It's only teenage wasteland"
    The Who - Baba O'Riley
    Who's Next (1971)

RIP Keith Moon
    RIP John Entwistle
  • This is something I've also been meaning to get around to, but as my 'puter sits right next to the kitchen it's just as easy for me to bob in and look at the screen to check recipes instead of printing them off! ;)
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Mines right next to the kitchen too. In fact I cook the tea and chat on here at the same time :D
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • Mines right next to the kitchen too. In fact I cook the tea and chat on here at the same time :D

LOL! that's what I do too, and just poke my head round the corner to check on things, but I swear some people think I never move out of this chair :p ... I do, honest!!! :D
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• jaybee
    jaybee Posts: 1,554
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    This is something I've also been meaning to get around to, but as my 'puter sits right next to the kitchen it's just as easy for me to bob in and look at the screen to check recipes instead of printing them off! ;)

Lucky you! Mine's upstairs, but I kid myself it's helping to keep me fit by running up and downstairs all the time! Actually I don't do that very often - I've printed most of the ones I want. Trouble is that the folder is getting sooo large now and I can never track down (or remember) what [email="I@m"]I'm[/email] looking for!
  • Petal_3
    Petal_3 Posts: 779 Forumite
    I have a kitchen/diner and my 'puter is on the dining table - I can't keep away! Aaarrrrggghhhh :rotfl:
    Owned by [STRIKE]4[/STRIKE] 4 cats: 2 x Maine coon cross males, 1 x Pixie Bob male and[STRIKE] 2[/STRIKE] 1 x Norwegian Forest male....cute!

R.I.P Darling Jackson 11/7/09 - 15/1/10 :(
    Miss u sweetie... :heart:
  • vm1307
    vm1307 Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 26 May 2011 at 4:36AM
    the resourceful cook site has loads of menus all budgetted out which you can adjust/personalise to a degree. You can also choose from budget/diet/luxury/family/etc menu types because I haven't posted much here I'm not allowed to post links but if you google the words 'resourceful cook' then it'll pop right up.

It costs out your menu, provides a printable shopping list and even allows you to add other stuff to the shopping list (household cleaning products, weekly basics like bread and milk etc) - can't recommend it highly enough!
  • ceecee1
    ceecee1 Posts: 409 Forumite
    VM - thanks for the pointer to the resourceful cook - it looks exactly what I have been looking for. I am moving house and will be having a much bigger mortgage.

I have been spending and wasting money for such a long time I need to start as I mean to go on, otherwise I will be skint for years to come !

:T:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport