PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Recipe says Smash, I want to use REAL potato

I've cut a recipe out of the latest ASDA mag - Beef crispbakes. It uses corned beef, sweetcorn and poatoes, but the recipe uses "ASDA smartprice instant mash" half of a 120g pack. Does anyone know what the equivalent would be in REAL potatoes???

Comments

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Absolutely no idea. Pure bunkum. Ignore it.

Boil up enough potatoes to make sensible portions of mash for the number of people you are making these things for. Mash it.

Make as many burgers as you need and if you have any mash left over make it into little patties and fry them too! :)

Smash indeed! Harumph!
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • When I make fishcakes, of any variety, I use equal amount of potato to fish so I would have thought that the same will apply.
    If I screw my eyes up tight I can just about see where you're coming from
  • I think that as Corned beef tastes stronger than fish you could probably get away with using twice the volume of potato than corned beef rather than the previous poster has suggested. But left over mashed potato will be fine and I wouldn't be too bothered about the quantities. You could put some fried onion in as well.
    My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family