Food on the go!

I'm going to Leeds festival with my bf, and we're going to take sandwich type things to eat for as long as we possibly can. How long would sandwiches last for, considering we won't have a fridge. What would be the best fillings for long-lastyness and general good-for-youness?

Are there any other good things we could take?
Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
100% paid off :j

Comments

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    In the Cooking section of the MEGA Index sticky listed under "lunch" there are quite a few threads with all sorts of interesting ideas and tips. :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • bonvonnie
    bonvonnie Posts: 536 Forumite
    take a cool bag, with blocks of ice in or a cool bag if you want to make your sandwiches in advance.

or you take them seperate, loaf of bread, with a few jars of sandwich spread.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,822
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I would take a cool bag with some sandwiches and fruit in. Buy a couple of bottles of drink in advance and pop them in the freezer the day before. Use the drinks as ice blocks.

Means you get nice ice cold drink.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • tr3mor
    tr3mor Posts: 2,325 Forumite
    When i go to festivals, I make two loaves of cheese and pickle sandwiches, put them back in the bread packet and freeze them. Then on the morning we leave, drop them into our cool box, with a load of ice blocks, frozen water bottles etc, and any other food we want to take. Stays fresh for the weekend.

Make sure you keep your food in your tent though, and preferably keep your tent padlocked, i was shocked to find human sized rats had been through my food and nicked half of it at the last festival!!!
  • Loadsabob
    Loadsabob Posts: 662 Forumite
    Cereal bars are a good bet, as they won't squish very much, are a good boost to your energy levels with their honey, nuts, oats and seeds etc. However, I am sick to death of them after our last few festivals and 14-hour coach trips, and the only cereal bar I ever want to eat from now on is a choc-chip Tracker...which isn't really the same thing....but perhaps they might work for you this once?!...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure