Group of Financial Companies. GFC. What do you know about them?

Options
Hi,

I have been pestered by phone calls from an Indian Call centre (well I think anyway as always Indian accent!!). I have tried all attempts to stop the calls, from being nice to them, being angry with, being rude, not answering, answering but not talking...anything to show that I am not interested. But they still keep calling. I have stated in no uncertain terms that I do not want anything from them, I have politley asked them to stop calling.

Twice they called yesterday, the first time I asked them who they were, but the accent was so strong I just could not understand them, the guy was rude when I asked can you repeat your company name, I was told "I already told you once", at that point I lost it and shouted..... an hour later they rang back, this time my wife took the call and eventually got out of them their name which is Group of Financial Companies or GFC, who are basically trying to get me to swap my mortgage to them. They refused to give a contact telephone number.

So what I am asking is, is there anyone out there that knows what this company is about, I want to report them to someone for harressment, because the calls are now so frequent that it is now a nuisence. 3 to 4 times a week and twice in one day.

Before anyone says it, yes I have been registered with TPS for years, no I never buy over the phone and have never done so, the call comes up with "International Call" as I have call indentifier. No at the moment I cannot ignore all International calls because our daughter is currently in South Africa and it may be her trying to contact us.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to stop these calls, on one of that last calls they stated that they represent one of the largest UK Mortgage companies, but of course as they call from out of the country then TPS can't touch them.

Help!!!!

D
What goes around - comes around
give lots and you will always recieve lots

Comments

• D_Dickenson
    Options
    I'm getting the same thing - three calls a day.
    They are very reluctant to give the company name - but it is always GFC. It's something to do with debt refinancing.
    I've asked for their website or telephone number but they won't give it. Only a supervisor can give it. But they won't put you through to the supervisor until they have done their speech and got your details. So I said if they won't give me their details then I won't give mine. So he said goodbye!

Next time I'm going to say that he needs to dial a new number to reach the person he wants. May be 0044304854639994736392201981298998727469029!

They are driving me mad!
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Next time I'm going to say that he needs to dial a new number to reach the person he wants. May be 0044304854639994736392201981298998727469029!
    No, say the person they want is on holiday but can be reached in their villa (don't say where it is).

Then make up a 13-digit number starting 00979 (International Premium Rate but most people don't know that).
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • rhynes
    Options
    I have also been receiving these calls 3 /4 times a day. As I have friends in international areas it is really hard to not answer the calls.

They are saying something about debt refinancing but they wont confirm who they want to speak to. I dont think they even know who they are calling when they call. It is starting to make me think that maybe they want my details for some other reason. If anyone has any ideas how to stop it, please let me know as it has been going on for about three weeks now and I dont need Debt refinancing! :mad:
  • Hi All,

I receive these flippin calls all the bloody time, and have for months and months now. Everytime I ask the operator to take my details of their list and some agree if they don't just hang up on you !!!! But they still ring, they rang today...I said..."What does GFC stand for", I was told "Group of Financial Companies", I said do you have a website and the bloke just started to offer me financial help despite the fact I was asking him a question ?!?!?! They people on the phones are so rude and ignorant. One day I will find out who runs this JOKE of an organization and they will get a peice of my mind.

What this company does is no better than HARASSMENT and to be honest its starting to get me down, when I answer the phone and get that moment of silence you JUST know its going to be them.

If anyone knows how I can put a stop to this, please let me know.

Thanks for listening,

Caroline (well fed up with GFC calls now)
    HELP US MARTIN !!!!!!!
  • normanmark
    normanmark Posts: 4,156 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All,

I receive these flippin calls all the bloody time, and have for months and months now. Everytime I ask the operator to take my details of their list and some agree if they don't just hang up on you !!!! But they still ring, they rang today...I said..."What does GFC stand for", I was told "Group of Financial Companies", I said do you have a website and the bloke just started to offer me financial help despite the fact I was asking him a question ?!?!?! They people on the phones are so rude and ignorant. One day I will find out who runs this JOKE of an organization and they will get a peice of my mind.

What this company does is no better than HARASSMENT and to be honest its starting to get me down, when I answer the phone and get that moment of silence you JUST know its going to be them.

If anyone knows how I can put a stop to this, please let me know.

Thanks for listening,

Caroline (well fed up with GFC calls now)
    HELP US MARTIN !!!!!!!

Sign yourself up to the Telephone Preference Service to stop these kind of calls.
  • scotthammer
    Options
    The Telephone preference service does not work on this number, i have also phoned the police and BT and they said they cannot track this type of call (abroad). I have tried threatening them, shouting at them, i even said "hang on a second" and put the phone by the TV, then put Kerrang on and left it. They stopped for a little while, but are now phoning back up again 3 times a day, i have been told the only way to get rid of them is by changing my number. I cannot believe they have not been rumbled yet, its weird. I am really interested to know if anyone has had any joy in removing them.
  • joesnan_2
    Options
    Have read all the posts re this company (:eek: ). We are pestered 4-5 times a day with calls. My son has suggested blowing a whistle down the line, As TPS can't help, nor the police or BT I have contacted Watchdog to see if they will take up the case. More power to the elbow if anyone else having similar problems contacts them as well. Website can be found on BBC website.
  • Elnelsono
    Options
    I have been receiving these for over a year and although we have tried many different tactics with them to try and stop, they just keep calling. Most of the time now they just hang up when I say the person isn't here. It's infuriating. I have written to BBC's Watchdog about the calls in a last ditch attempt that this so called people friendly company gets the message.
  • 1carminestocky
    1carminestocky Posts: 5,256 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Best thing to do is say you will get the person they asked for, then leave the phone off the hook for an hour or 2...
    Call me Carmine....

HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
  • Jemma-T
    Jemma-T Posts: 1,546 Forumite
    Options
    Best thing to do is to tell them to f*** off and stop calling or let the answering machine take the call. Caller ID is perfect for this.

I'm not sure why people answer their phone to complete strangers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure