ploughamns

hey guys...another challenge for you all :D

every saturady, me and the MIL take it in turns to do a big meal for the the four of us (MIL,FIL, OH and me). this saturday is my turn, and because of the hot weather, i fancy something simple...and the idea of a ploghmans pub style lunch/supper came to mind. the problem is i've never really had one before, so im not 100% as to what i should be including!

i was thinking along the lines of

bread roll variety
selection of sliced cold meat
ham and egg pie?
cheese(s)
pickle

full side salad - lettuce mix, cucumber, tomatos, beetroot, pickled onions, coleslaw etc etc

any more ideas/suggestions/variation-on-a-theme twists that i can surprise everyone with?

cheers :beer:
know thyself
Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...

Comments

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I reckon you've more than got it covered there. Bread, cheese, pickle, and a simple plain salad is the usual fare. The bread is usually thick doorstep cuts, or rolls.

So you'll definitely be at the top end of the market with yours :D
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • i like a nice crisp apple half with my ploughmans
  • Squidgy
    Squidgy Posts: 684 Forumite
    Oh, my hubby had some excellent ploughmans while we were on holiday. But you have definately got it covered there

Salad, usually lettice, tomatoes, cucumber, celery
    meat, he usually had ham
    pickle
    bread - nicer when it's warm
    and he did have an apple and coleslaw with one of them.
    It's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport