BudgetBrain.com: Free online budget planners to analayse your finances

Former_MSE_Dan
Former_MSE_Dan Posts: 1,593
Combo Breaker First Post
Forumite
edited 24 January 2020 at 1:35PM in Budgeting & bank accounts
The online Budget Brain tool has now been closed.

For more help with budgets, see our guide.
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/Budget-planning/
Former MSE team member

Comments

• Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 6 January 2010 at 5:31AM
    I've just completed my budget for the year and it's good news. I much prefer it to the old version too.

Can't see any problems with it. Easy to fill out and I like the fact that you can save it and go back to it at a later date. It's a bit more "fun" to fill out, if making a budget can be fun. Big red button, the reels at the end as it's totting up your budget, and the anticipation whether you are going to be under or overspent. Very good.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • BatGirlPants
    BatGirlPants Posts: 96 Forumite
    edited 6 January 2010 at 10:21AM
    Found a problem - with desired spend is says 'monthly desired' BUT it calculates it on the interval you originally chose (i.e weekly/quarterly).
    It also doesn't compare your desired spend to your actual spend or give you a complete total for desired.

Overall though I love it, easy to use and helpful.
  • Thank you so much, this really helped.
  • LordLee
    LordLee Posts: 105
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    keeps asking me to login... but i see no way of doing so?
  • itwiz
    itwiz Posts: 38 Forumite
    My income was exactly the same as my spend and it said that I spend £0 more than I earn and have substantial overspend!

I think a "subscriptions" category would be good - for magazines, memberships, web services etc.

Cheers.
  • mcolqu
    mcolqu Posts: 16
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    LordLee wrote: »
    keeps asking me to login... but i see no way of doing so?

Same thing is happening to me. Did you manage to find out what the problem is?
    Mike.
  • LordLee
    LordLee Posts: 105
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    nope... not yet
  • Smiley_Mum
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Just came across a budgeting calculator which states the following for your money.

50% needs
    30% wants
    20% savings

Mine isn't at that balance but I'm managing to get by until I get can get my finances on an even keel again.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • mcolqu wrote: »
    Same thing is happening to me. Did you manage to find out what the problem is?

I keep getting that as well - and because I havent, it wont register the amounts I'm entering. Maybe you have to log in/register at the budget brain website.
  • Smiley_Mum
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 8 January 2010 at 3:32PM
    I login by putting in https://www.budgetbrain.com in the address section of the browser. If I try to login in through Moneysaving Expert it keeps saying I'm already logged in.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure