MSE News: What the Pre-Budget Report means for you

Options
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Today's Pre-Budget Report (PBR) was a story of higher taxes for most of us to help pay for the country's £178 billion of borrowing this year ..."

Comments

• HellsGranny
    Options
    'Singing in the Rain', anyone?
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I do need a new boiler - here's hoping mine has a super crap G rating

B
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • neil277
    neil277 Posts: 152 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    I am sorry i work hard and have paid my taxes all my life i feel its time to move to Canada my wife and i have spoken about this for the last year and the more we see the news the more we want to go, we are only waiting to see who wins the next election.

I hate my Country so much
  • shadydaz
    shadydaz Posts: 376 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been skint for the last two years paying off my debts only to now find that when I reach debt free status, the so called gevernmetn are going to take all my freed up income off me unyway!!

Neil I am coming with you...
    Was in debt £23k- Not now (12/07-12/10):T
    Did smoke- Not any more (26-02-11):j
    I am not perfect but everyone loves a trier don't they??:A
  • hamstercheeks_2
    Options
    neil277 wrote: »
    Hi
    I am sorry i work hard and have paid my taxes all my life i feel its time to move to Canada my wife and i have spoken about this for the last year and the more we see the news the more we want to go, we are only waiting to see who wins the next election.

I hate my Country so much

i feel the same :mad:
    Time is the best teacher
    Shame it kills all the students
    :p
    *******************************************************************************************
  • u751904
    u751904 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    is there anywhere which you can go online to work out how the NI is going to be? some sort of calculator etc?

this looks like something that should go into a few politicans and senior bankers stockings at christmas, though they can pay for it themselves. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spirit-Level-Societies-Almost-Always/dp/1846140390/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260394327&sr=8-1
  • Deep_In_Debt
    Options
    How I love this country...not.

I feel a rant coming on...but I think I will spare people...for now anyway.
    Debt 30k in 2008.:eek::o Cleared all my debt in 2013 and loving being debt free :)
    Mortgage free since 2014 :)
  • gemsy82
    gemsy82 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    its going to cost me more money...... again....
  • Deep_In_Debt
    Options
    gemsy82 wrote: »
    its going to cost me more money...... again....

Yep and me.

I feel a rant coming on...

Hard working all my life, single, paid my dues and never claimed a penny.

I guess I should be grateful...I do get a 25% discount on my council tax in one of the most expensive areas of the country.

Only a minor rant...i could go on but I won't. I shall sit and fester instead.
    Debt 30k in 2008.:eek::o Cleared all my debt in 2013 and loving being debt free :)
    Mortgage free since 2014 :)
  • Navvie
    Navvie Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Well I will be worse off and my wife will stay about the same... great! A lot of scrimping and saving to get ourselves debt free only for Darling to take it away again... hurrah! I for one am waiting with baited breath to see how Cameron is going to recognise marriage with regards to taxation....

To put a positive spin on things, my brother and sister will be better off under Darling's new plan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure