All the fun of a preacher man! The most bizarre day’s filming ever Blog Discussion

This is a chat forum discussion on Martin's 'All the fun of a preacher man! The most bizarre day’s filming ever' blog which you can read here.

Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• beaker141
    beaker141 Posts: 509 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Has anyone got the episode on video - its the first sunny day I've ever witnessed in Manchester !

I do think that as the banks reduce profit from "unfair charges" they will make it elsewhere through other methods - some that might impact me - as someone who has rarely had to pay charges, whenever I did get charged I called straight away and in the majority of cases managed to get them refunded.

I think the evangelical preacher had to move on once he saw Martin upstaged him in the evangelical stakes :-)
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Not got it on video but it really was hot still got the sunburn LOL.

If banks start to charge for services it will be up to us as canny consumers to vote with our chequebooks and take our business elsewhere. Once you get into the spiral of charges on charges it is difficult to break free and as always the vulnerable and the not so savvy suffer. Many of the contributors to the DFW board would be in a lot less debt if they had not had as many charges applied to their accounts.

That preacher was something else, I think he was on the payroll of one of the big 4
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • mjanet
    mjanet Posts: 297 Forumite
    Martin what happened to Christine ? the woman you told us you met who may have to go bankrupt because of charges ? wasn't she suppose to be on the programme . She sounded a perfect example of just why these charges are so wrong.
    Wish I could stop editing EVERY post I make :mad:
  • Dumbledore55
    Dumbledore55 Posts: 1,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Somehow I have produced 2 children whose ambition it is to spot as many famous people as they can, in fact they currently have a competition going to outdo each other. A little unfair as one is 10 years older than the other but anyway I got back from holiday this week and my daughter (22) couldn't wait to tell me she'd spotted another 'star' in Manchester while I'd been away. 'Guess who, Mum, I know you'll know him!'

"Male?"
    Yes
    "On TV?"
    Yes
    "Actor?"
    No
    "Singer?"
    No
    "Sports?"
    No
    "TV Presenter?"
    Yes
    "Is he an expert?"
    Yes
    "A lawyer?"
    No
    "An agony person?"
    No
    "A money expert?"
    Yes
    "Martin Lewis?"
    YES!!!

You are officially a star because you are now on the list of people my daughter has 'spotted'........"I knew you'd know him, Mum!"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure