Where to save with instant access?

Options
Having recently sold my house:j and now looking to buy another, I have £90k sat in a bank. Can anyone tell me where today is the best accounts I can open which pays me some instant interest straight away?
I will be hopefully buying another property soon so I need to be able to access this money maybe within a month notice

Comments

• opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    Options
    Try www.moneysupermarket.com/savings.

I liked Egg (2.5%) although ING (who I dislike) are paying 2.75%.
  • Jane61
    Jane61 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Whats wrong with ING?
  • opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    Options
    Jane61 wrote: »
    Whats wrong with ING?
    Me! I couldn't get my head round their password/access systems! (others don't share the problem).
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    For a consistently good interest rate, try Investec’s High 5 account.
    The rate changes every week but always = the average of the top 5 accounts listed by Moneyfacts, so it's always nearly the best-paying account. This week's rate is 3.12%.
    You need to give 3 months notice, you need a minimum balance of £25K, and it is post/phone operated. But it IS covered by the FSA’s £50K compensation scheme.
    They'll also give both you, and an existing account holder (referree), £50 when you apply. PM me for any questions / details.
  • nzseries1
    nzseries1 Posts: 2,240 Forumite
    Options
    You're spelling is effecting me so much. Im trying not to be phased by it but your all making me loose my mind on mass!! My head is loosing it's hair. I'm going to take myself off the electoral role like I should of done ages ago and move to the Caribean. I already brought my plane ticket, all be it a refundable 1.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure