Competitions Discussion Thread Part 9

Comments

• SoozyJ22
    SoozyJ22 Posts: 3,239
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Sorry BGs, I know this shouldn't really be here, but I think people need to see it and take action where necessary.

Catz and I have just found out entirely by chance that the Noize Makes Enemies website - http://noizemakesenemies.ning.com/ - is showing some people's personal information - including email addresses, telephone numbers and postal addresses to anyone who looks at your profile on the site.

I registered for the site to enter competitions they were running after one was posted here and I know other MSErs have done the same - I recognise a few names on there and have PMed some people.

It's possible to delete your phone number and postal address, but I can't see a way of making the profiles private and there are things like marital status and sexual orientation that can't be removed from your profile. For that reason I've deleted my profile from the site and my details are no longer viewable.

Please, if you have registered for the Noize Makes Enemies website check what information's in your profile and make sure that anything you have entered you are happy to be freely available to anyone, and if not take action.

Soozy
  • :eek::eek: That's really bad!!! So glad I'm not registered with them.

I've spotted someone off Loquax on there....are you registered on there to post this message on there too or shall I do it? I'll PM the person I've noticed to warn them anyway.
  • catz747
    catz747 Posts: 20,381
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I can't get on Loquax, it won't let me, I think Soozy can though :D
  • SoozyJ22
    SoozyJ22 Posts: 3,239
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I'm registered on loquax but don't really use it enough to know where would be best to post this, so if you could post this over there that would be great missgiddypants.
  • josie301
    josie301 Posts: 4,654
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks for the warning -

I have reduced my info to the minimum - they know I am from the UK and married, but after men! :rotfl:
    Jo x
    2007:£5181.09 2008: £6619.70 2009: £4284.49 2010: £5213.14 2011: £4980.62 2012: £3188.52 :)

• grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    :eek::eek: That's really bad!!! So glad I'm not registered with them.

I've spotted someone off Loquax on there....are you registered on there to post this message on there too or shall I do it? I'll PM the person I've noticed to warn them anyway.

OMG, actual addresses etc!
    (Had to go and check I hadn't registered-thank God I hadn't, and had to have a nose while I was there!)
    I think perhaps someone who's registered could post warnings on the forums in case other users aren't aware?
    Has anyone contacted the site owners to ask whether they intended such personal information to be so freely available?
    Quite scary really.
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,789
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    thanks tt & barnabysue, am going to wait till the forms up, then can check it, don't want to be emailing the ed again all the time, have some new puzzlers ready but they're not online yet either, so will wait for them as well.
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• Warning posted on Loquax now.
    Not a member of any other sites to post it there too.
  • Matryoshka
    Matryoshka Posts: 10,408
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I deleted my profile but when I relogged back in to check, it's defaulted back to the original details. How do I change them completely or even delete my account? :mad:
    SECRET TO WINNING PRIZES ;):
    If you see it in your mind, you're going to hold it in your hand.
    Thoughts become things!
    What you think about you bring about!
    No one is ready for a thing until he believes he can acquire it.
    Romans 12:15 Be happy with those who are happy :)
  • catz747
    catz747 Posts: 20,381
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Soozy seemed to think, that's a cache thing, if you delete your cache, you'll see the details have gone :) I went on ie to check Soozy details and they had gone even though I could still see them in FF :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure