Lloyds TSB Credit Card

Options

Comments

• terri2008
    Options
    I am in the US with an AMEX card. I googled "24 hour corp carmichael ca" and this was the only website I found with similar info. We had 3 recurring charges in the amount of $25.26. I called Amex and they refunded, disputing the amount. We discontinued our cards and ordered new account numbers. I just wanted to join this website and post that I had similar experience and this business appears to be fraudulant. Good luck.
  • mcburnie
    Options
    A similar charge has appeared on my British Airways Blue Amex card. $44.92 USD on 10 Aug 08.

I am just off the phone to Amex and I was told that this is a known fraud which is impacting numerous cardholders. They will refund it and they have insisted that my card is cancelled and a replacement issued.

What dissapoints me is that their fraud team are aware of this and they are not proactively identifying customers that are impacted. When I pushed them on this I was told: "It would take too long to review every account, so we are waiting for customers to call us - Amex have revoked the merchant's Amex authorisation, but because the transactions are below the "floor limit" they are applied automatically to customer accounts without being checked to see if they are valid".

Please keep your eyes open!!!
  • hanksposts
    Options
    Talked to AMEX this AM on similar charges, after reading these posts discovered 2 additional charges from previous months, all under $20. AMEX is "investigating" the merchant. It would seem that with multiple complaints of the same kind over several months the merchant account would be prohibited from processing transactions.
  • Quantum334
    Options
    My wife has just recvd her LTSB statement and 2 transactions appear from 24 Hour Corp Carmichael. Whilst she was on the phone to LTSB I was googling and found this thread so told my wife to advise the LTSB rep that it is a known fraud. Her cards are now cancelled and as the LTSB fraud dept is closed until tomorrow, my wife has to speak to them tomorrow.
  • Simon_Barker_2
    Options
    I also have a Virgin Amex MBNA card and have the same transactions. Around the 21st June and July. So I phoned MBNA on the 11th Aug and reported them. At the end of the conversation, I said "So can you assure me that this merchant will be blocked from making further transactions on my account" and the answer was "Yes".

Today, I check over my online statement and I can't quite believe this but they've done it again! Another transaction posted on the 21st Aug. Of course now being a weekend and public holiday on monday MBNA are closed until Tuesday.
  • NeilFawcett
    Options
    I have just checked my Nectar AMEX card and have had two similar transactions in the last month. I searched and found this thread as a result.
  • nospam432
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm glad I found this thread, so I thought I'd add my experience.
    I just got my AMEX bill (Gold business card) and there were 2 charges from 24 HOUR CORP. appeared as below...

24 HOUR CORP 24HOUR CARMICHAEL CA
    BUSINESS SERVICE

One charge was for $42.04 and the other was for $44.17. I called AMEX and they of course took the charges right off and issued me a new card.

Jess.
  • mykmelez
    Options
    After my experience a few weeks ago, I took another look at my recent activity today, and the same company had made two more charges to my account this month! One was for $44.92, and the other was (again) for $19.88.

I then went back over all my previous activity for the last year and discovered a charge from the same company for $19.88 on June 6 that I somehow missed back then.

I called up Amex, and they reversed the two recent charges. They wouldn't reverse the charge in June because I hadn't disputed it within 60 days (of receiving the statement, presumably). They did also invalidate my card and will be issuing me a new one so this doesn't happen again (I hope).

It's frustrating to have to deal with this problem, but overall I'm satisfied enough with Amex's customer service. I do wish they would block all further charges from that company (for everyone!) and reverse all charges anyone received (even outside that 60 day window), but I guess they aren't that customer friendly.
  • mykmelez
    Options
    Could this be anything to do with the 11-person ring in the US that got busted on 6th August with details of 41 MILLION credit and debit card details, and with evidence of having made test transactions and having made cloned cards?

I guess it could be, although I've been charged since then, so if it is, then they haven't busted everyone (or maybe their computers are on autopilot).
  • asandwhen
    asandwhen Posts: 1,407 Forumite
    Options
    mykmelez wrote: »
    After my experience a few weeks ago, I took another look at my recent activity today, and the same company had made two more charges to my account this month! One was for $44.92, and the other was (again) for $19.88.

I then went back over all my previous activity for the last year and discovered a charge from the same company for $19.88 on June 6 that I somehow missed back then.

I called up Amex, and they reversed the two recent charges. They wouldn't reverse the charge in June because I hadn't disputed it within 60 days (of receiving the statement, presumably). They did also invalidate my card and will be issuing me a new one so this doesn't happen again (I hope).

It's frustrating to have to deal with this problem, but overall I'm satisfied enough with Amex's customer service. I do wish they would block all further charges from that company (for everyone!) and reverse all charges anyone received (even outside that 60 day window), but I guess they aren't that customer friendly.

Are you in the States? I dont think there is a 60 day limit here in the UK.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure