June 2008 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• the_cat
    the_cat Posts: 2,176
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi everyone:wave:

Haven't posted for a few days so have just caught up. MrsM hope all goes well with your trip and thanks AngelNikki for stepping in.

Am declaring at £171.51 for June which I am really pleased with as I have stocked up the cupboards a lot due to needing to use my MrM £5 off vouchers.

Would like to set my budget for July at £220 as it is a 5 week month. I have already made a start by ordering a Tesco delivery. Came to £51.27. Got really lucky as I found a code for 1000 clubcard points on the discounts board which worked:T :T plus had a few others sent to me in the last mailing which means that I will eventually get back £53 in deals vouchers. As I use these to MOT and service my car which I would otherwise HAVE to pay I feel I am sort of getting the shopping for free IUSWIM!

Reading that back I haven't explained it at all well!!!!!!!
  • patentgirl
    patentgirl Posts: 1,028
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Here it is Denise couldnt do link so I have cut and posted it from another thread it might be the same but they taste yummy!
    Post By jaxxy00

How to make Weetabix Brownies

Im not sure how they are normally made but my recipe comes from a lady who was doing the refreshments at a community centre jumble sale me and my sister went to one year. We had a cuppa and one of the brownies and they were really yummy so we asked were they got them from and the lady said shed made them and gave us the recipe. I wrote it on a scrappy bit of paper that i still have and use now.

In a bowl put
    4 crushed weetabix
    4oz caster sugar
    4oz self raising flour
    2 tbsp cocoa powder
    pkt chocolate drops (i use a 25p 100g tescos own milk chocolate chopped up)

mix this altogether

then take 4oz of melted marg and stir this into the mixture along with an egg

mix well and put in a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes at electric 180.

I put this mix into a square tin which measures 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches. I suppose you could use anything a similar size it would just turn out a bit more or less deeper. I also line the tray with greaseproof paper to save any sticking. Once out the oven let it stand for about 5 minutes then turn out the tray and cut into squares.

Enjoy!!! if you get chance before everyone else takes them.
    Frugal challenge 2024

• KAAT_LADY
    KAAT_LADY Posts: 4,714
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    good morning everyone , :hello: I hope you are all well today, I will have a NSD today as I have everything in ,,I hope,, my

JULY BUDGET IS £200

Thanks angelnikki. :A

I havre had a bad night and think I may go back to bed later that will stop me going out shopping as when I am stressed I just go shopping and just buy anything to fill my cupboards but now I have joined the July GC hopefully I will stay on track but it will be hard as it is for everyone, but here goes.:eek:

will have to look on the recipe page and see what other recipes there is I have ben copying them down offthe daily posts, but now thanks to angelnikki for the info about the recipe thread:T
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• angelnikki
    angelnikki Posts: 892 Forumite
    mumzyof2 wrote: »
    Anyone have the millies cookies recipe (i have seem to have lost it)?

MILLIES COOKIES

[FONT=&quot]3oz butter[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]3oz granulated sugar[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]3oz brown sugar (can just use all white granulated, works just fine)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]vanilla essence[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1 egg[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]6oz s/r flour[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]pinch salt[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]4oz choc chips[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Preheat oven to 180c.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Mix all ingredients together. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Put spoonfuls on greaseproof paper and cook for 11 mins precisely.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Cookies should still be soft when they come out of the oven, they will harden a bit. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Peel off greaseproof when they cool.[/FONT]
    :A
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Good morning everyone.

Just a quick report - a NSD yesterday and one today too (hopefully).
    I'm making a veggie chilli for tea tonight that will last in the fridge until Friday for tea when I get back from my trip to Ireland tomorrow (only away for 1 night - Thursday - this time)

Am still wrangling with the idea of a real minimal spend on the weekend - could probably get what I really need for about £6 - or whether to use the Tesco voucher and stock up my almost bare cupboards, fridge and freezer?:confused:

The urge to spend is strong but I'm also trying to be as frugal as possible until I go on hols in 2 weeks time. Its a dilemma!

Anyway, better go and do some work now,
    Take care
    R

Just in case you needed us to post again..,.,
    AngelNikki my july budget is £100
  • jackk_2
    jackk_2 Posts: 288
    First Post
    Forumite
    AngelNikki can you put me down for £200 again in July. I'm not ready to declare yet, my month does not end till Monday, so i'll do it then.

Goodluck everyone.

Jackie x
  • mandy_moo_1
    mandy_moo_1 Posts: 1,201
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    wendywitch wrote: »
    Drat though I was going to be clever then. :o Oh well from today it is.
    Just have to work out how to do this signature thing now . . . .

hi wendywitch sorry if this has already been answered, but to do a signature, just click on user cp in the green bar, then on the left it will say edit signature. just click on that and away you go :D good luck with your first month x
  • russetred
    russetred Posts: 1,334
    Forumite
    My GC doesn't finish till Sunday and I'm off on holibags for the first 2 weeks of July so can you put me down for £180 for July.Look at me I'm red and I found the big button,arn't I a clever dinosaur! By the way thanks for the editing help everyone.:rotfl:
    "Sometimes life sucks....but the alternative is unacceptable."
  • nessquic80
    nessquic80 Posts: 328 Forumite
    Morning all,hope you are all doing well in the GC,well i am gobsmacked i have achieved the ultimate challange and won £200 was my target and i am declaring £135.44:j :j :j :j :j The freezer is still full, the cupboard looks a little bare (about 6 tins) the fridge is reasonable ,so i did well. For July put me down for £200 again angelnikki,thanks.Even though its 5 week month i can try!!
    Cant believe how fast this thread moves, ive only been away for one day and theres 11 pages to catch up on,oh well its worth the read considering i went to a spa yesterday and did absolutly !!!!!! all!!!:p
    always on the lookout for a bargin always better when its free!!:T

• JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339
    Forumite
    im declaring for june: 178.36 just under the 180 budgeted

im in for july £200 please:)
    November NSD's - 7
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories