Sky Email with Outlook 2007

Options
Sol00
Sol00 Posts: 1,230 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Does anyone know how to set up a Sky email addy with Outlook? I've tried setting it up with their instructions but they advise on their website to select SMTP for the 'following type of encrypted connection' on the Outgoing Server section. The problem is I don't have that option, the only options I have available is None, TLS, Auto and SSL.

Does anyone know how to set up a Sky email manually?

Comments

• geewhiz
    geewhiz Posts: 1,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have a look at the Skyuser site, it should help.
  • Kane99uk
    Kane99uk Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    Pick SSL - it's the one they advise you to use in Step 20 of their online guide for Outlook 2007 in Windows
    Where there's a will, there's a way to get something cheaper from somewhere else!! :D
  • Sol00
    Options
    Thanks.

I was trying IMAP as that was recommended by Sky. I've tried POP3 as well now and it won't send or receive either.

I'll try another email account and see what happens.
  • Kane99uk
    Kane99uk Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    Sol00 wrote: »
    Thanks.

I was trying IMAP as that was recommended by Sky. I've tried POP3 as well now and it won't send or receive either.

I'll try another email account and see what happens.

Did you change your Sky email settings to allow access via IMAP/POP3 in the first place? It's in the mail settings section once you get to your inbox on the Sky webmail page.
    Where there's a will, there's a way to get something cheaper from somewhere else!! :D
  • Sol00
    Options
    I think I know what the problem might be - the network I use at university has the set the LAN settings to use proxies and I assume it's blocking Outlook as it worked OK at home. I'll just use the web browser just now.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport