Options
2»

Comments

• TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Debitcard,

Just to clarify the mail server affected is only for @tiscali.co.uk email addresses. These are no longer issued to customers singing up to TalkTalk as it is only relevant to customers who have migrated from tiscali as part of the Tiscali integration, but were able to retain the @tiscali.co.uk address.

We are looking at migrating the @tiscali.co.uk email addresses to the same platform as the @talktalk.net addresses but new connections would be automatically on the @talktalk.net mail servers therefore unaffected by the below issues.

Regards

Mark
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • TalkTalk
    Options
    Hi All,

As requested if affected customers wish to join the Members Forum we have more information, in a notification, on the Members Site.

We are aware that the current mail issues are still ongoing intermittently when accessing via mail clients. In the meantime you can access your emails via the Webmail platform on the TT site.

Regards

Mark
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • scheming_gypsy
    Options

We are looking at migrating the @tiscali.co.uk email addresses to the same platform as the @talktalk.net addresses but new connections would be automatically on the @talktalk.net mail servers therefore unaffected by the below issues.

Regards

Mark

does that mean you're just migrating server or we'd end up with @talktalk.net email addresses rather than @tiscali.co.uk?
    I'd prefer to keep a .co.uk email address rather than a .net address, .net and other crappy extensions just sound like they're being ran by a crazy man in his shed.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,756 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm having a problem with accessing the tiscali webmail - it's crashing internet explorer every time I go into it on my laptop. Anyone else having a problem?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • TalkTalk
    Options
    Hi Screaming Gypsy,

We do not have specific confirmation at present if the intention is to retain the @tiscali.co.uk suffix. However it is likely that this will be the case as I anticipate not all current @tiscali email address can be migrated to an exact match @talktalk.net (for example common names such as Dave will likely already be taken on @talktalk.net addresses, as such retaing the @tiscali.co.uk address would be easier).

I will look to obtain some confirmation on this to advise.

Elsien - If you join the TalkTalk Members Forum we can assist you further with any issues your having. We are aware of issues accessing @tiscali mail via Mail Clients but accessing via Webmail should be ok so this warrents further investigation.

Regards

Mark
  • Ivalore
    Ivalore Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    I have a tiscali mail address, but luckily and currently I'm not effected.

Talk Talk are great broadband provider and the service is great.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure