24 Studio/ Studio xmas catalogue codes

Options

Comments

• funnyfreckle
    Options
    Just about to place my first order with Studio and now feeling very nervous having read comments about being overcharged etc. Is this a blip or have other people found them bad? Also have people had success with the 25% off code?

Many thanks
  • littlewren
    littlewren Posts: 1,988 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have to say that I too had a problem with them after paying on the actual day payment was due. They slapped on a £20 fee for late payment! It took me quite a few phone calls to have it taken off. I wouldn't shop with them again, it's too much hassle.

Carrie
    Money, money, money, must be funny, in the rich man's World!
  • modgit
    modgit Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd avoid them too I'm afraid. I used them a couple of years ago, didn't receive the order, phoned to chase and within 3 -4 days had received the order 3 times. Each box was slightly different in it's contents and "out of stocks" so it was a nightmare. Trying to get them to collect and refund, well it's a standing joke in our house now. It took nearly 6 months to get it all sorted.
    They may have good prices, but really not worth the hassle.
  • jamo9000
    Options
    anyone know does the 25% code work?? anyone tried with success?

I am about to order and price is 79.99 just wanted any code that is tried and tested. please anyone?

Thanks
  • jcr16
    jcr16 Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    Options
    i've never had any probs with them. i always paid with cash in the bank using the giro slip or by sending a cheque to them.

we are going to be ordering some xmas bits in the next couple of weeks. they are so cheap.
  • vickym
    vickym Posts: 686 Forumite
    Options
    I totally agree JCR16 I too have always paid by cheque and have never had a problem and their prices are brilliant - I ordered last Friday all my xmas gift wrap with matching handmade tags and gorgeous bows and they have arrived today - Excellent service. Off now to see what else I can buy and claim the free choccys
    best wishes to all xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Remember is nice to be important but more important to be nice

• jamo9000
    Options
    Does the 25% code work? Someone also said new customers get 20% off and free chocs on over 20 pound spend just check the site, I have done and see nothing. Please if anyone knows about this let me know as I want to make a huge first order now and would be great to snap up some additional savings

Thanks
  • lyniced
    lyniced Posts: 1,880 Forumite
    Options
    I wouldn't touch Studio or Ace with a barge pole. They whack on huge charges if your late in paying - and trying to talk to their customer services is a nightmare. Beware!!
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni
  • vickym
    vickym Posts: 686 Forumite
    Options
    jamo9000 wrote:
    Does the 25% code work? Someone also said new customers get 20% off and free chocs on over 20 pound spend just check the site, I have done and see nothing. Please if anyone knows about this let me know as I want to make a huge first order now and would be great to snap up some additional savings

Thanks

Hi I used the 25% code on my last order but it didnt work - I am not sure if this is because I am an existing customer or because all the items that I purchased were reduced already.

Sorry I cannot be of more help
    Remember is nice to be important but more important to be nice

• julie8314dave
    Options
    Hi, just a quick note to say be careful with Studio Cards and payments to them.
    I dont mean to put a downer on you happy shoppers but we made a payment of £30.00 , using the payment slip they give to you - our total bill was £70.00, and they took £320.00 instead ! This was almost a fortnight ago and despite them admitting liability we are still waiting to receive our money. Each time we ring we are told a different story, "it will be in your bank account tomorrow", to, "we only send cheques it will be with you in three days" to "actually thats wrong we will send you it within 14 days". All the time the bank is charging us for other direct debits that we now cannot pay and studio are gaining interest on our money. We are now seeking solicitors advice. Have any other readers had something similiar happen or know how best to resolve it.

Hi why dont you go onto home page and see tips on unfair bank charges you can claim back up to the past six years.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure