working tax credit?

Options
Can you still claim working tax credit when a child is in full time education after 16. I was receiving the basic £42 pm which stopped when DS left school, He went on to do a full time college course so I continue to receive child benefit. Someone mentioned in passing that they thought I would still be eligible for working tax credit so I thought I would ask on here. It would be very useful if so as it would be some towards his bus-fare.

Thanks in advance.
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance....

Comments

• Icequeen99
    Icequeen99 Posts: 3,775 Forumite
    Options
    Child Tax Credit yes providing he is in full time non-advanced education. Working Tax Credit only if you are working the required number of hours.

IQ
  • foxybabe
    foxybabe Posts: 752 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Icequeen99 wrote: »
    Child Tax Credit yes providing he is in full time non-advanced education. Working Tax Credit only if you are working the required number of hours.

IQ

This is where I get confused, we only qualified for one of the above and I'm not sure which one it was. Where is the best place to look to see whether we qualify.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance....
  • mel48rose
    mel48rose Posts: 513 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    I would contact HMRC asap and see how things stand.
    If you change nothing, nothing will change!!
  • foxybabe
    foxybabe Posts: 752 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank-you, I have just rung them and they are sending me a claim form.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure