Another Ebay voucher scam! Help required

Options
2»

Comments

• George_Michael
    Options
    My solicitor is confident that this is an oppurtunity for all of us to get more than £80!

That's assuming that you can actually find the correct name and address for the scammer.
    It may well be a hacked ebay & paypal account and the "seller" could be almost untraceable.

Even if the seller is the account holder, their ebay details could be incorrect, and I doubt very much if paypal will simply hand over the banking details without you first having to get a court order.

I hope that you are successful, but it could turn out to be a long process which even if you trace the seller and they get to court and are found guilty, doesn't guarantee that you will receive any money.
  • narabanekeater
    Options
    Sadly I fell for similar. Neither paypal or ebay were intrested in helping me. Policy is very clear regarding gift vouchers and coupons. Please do keep us updated as id love to see this person in court
    Mad Mum to 3 wonderful children, 2 foster kittens and 2 big fat cats that never made it to a new home!
    Aiming to loose 56 pounds this year. Total to date 44.5 pounds 12.5 to go. Slimming World Rocks!
  • f_@_w_y
    f_@_w_y Posts: 129 Forumite
    edited 9 February 2012 at 6:13PM
    Options
    Thanks for all your comments! I am a big fan of the show REAL HUSTLE and all the time I find there scams not "that easy". After doing some research, I found that people are MAD buying CHEAP vouchers.... However, this one is a very easy and simple scam to do which can give anyone £1000s.... Even the authorities (like Ebay and Paypal) are not ready to help (if it is true). One can easily con people (say 50) in a day for low amounts like £100, earn £5000 and vanish... or simply close account... is it so simple? Probably, this time, I am only going to loose £80 and this SCAMMER will get away! but still I am not going to give up.

Meanwhile, the Ebay account in discussion or my scammer is "lcsliskeard1". Be careful!!
  • vicx
    vicx Posts: 3,091 Forumite
    edited 9 February 2012 at 9:19PM
    Options
    I don't understand why anyone would take the risk and buy vouchers on eBay to save 20% or sometimes less. There are many discount codes and cashback sites to receive a similar discount on 'online' purchases. I realise some may want to purchase instore but I would rather pay full price cash in the shop than risk buying any high value vouchers off eBay.

Just looking at the feedback of the scammer and I definitely wouldn't have purchased ANYTHING of high value from him/her. Only 14 score feedback with 1 negative for £100 asda vouchers:
    BROUGHT GIFT VOUCHERS £100 NEVER RECEIVED NO REFUND! NO REPLY 2 EMAIL AVOID!!!

That feedback alone is enough to make you wary of the seller.
    A home without a dog is like a flower without petals.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure