Shower dripping

Options
2»

Comments

• stphnstevey
    stphnstevey Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry to make life complicated, but I will be working on our house but also fixing a hot tap at my mums as well.

I can see your point that with the combi it's easy to turn off the HW

At my mums she has a back boiler, HW cylinder and cistern in the loft. I am told there are several ways to turn off the HW

1) Turn off the stop !!!! and wait to drain the HW cylinder and cistern - but this wastes quite a bit of water

2) Turn off a valve to the feed for the CW storage tank or tie it up with a bit of wood

3) Turn off the valve that might be on the outlet for the HW cylinder - this seems prefferable, but am I looking for the pipe that comes out the top or the bottom? ie where is the HW drawn out from?
  • jennifernil
    jennifernil Posts: 5,580 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    On ours it is the top.

A good idea, when you locate the various stopcocks, is to tie a label on each one saying what they are for. Makes it easier next time, or for someone else.
  • spirit
    spirit Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    My shower - Mira Exel, has started dripping and you have to just keep turning the darned thing on and off until it finally stops. my neighbour who is a plumber says I either need a cartridge pack or to replace the whole shubang because he says that often just changing the cartridge doesn't work. I'm going to try the cartridge first though!
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee. :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure